Author Topic: how many of you fella's have convinced the wife to let bike stay in the house  (Read 3456 times)

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
bought it just after new years and it was in the living room all winter. she even sat on it once.

nice thinking, i could convince her that she could use it as a chair, *smile*
Preferred location: somewhere warm and dry.
Bike: 1953 plunger Longstroke engine.

Offline andy

• Moving Up
  • and so the fun begins !!
well you see she would be so shocked by the flowers that she wouldn`t noticed the beeza sat in the courner with a cloth over it  wink2
only 2 things needed in life wd40 and duck tape....if it moves and shouldn`t use tape if it don`t move and should use wd40.

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
well you see she would be so shocked by the flowers that she wouldn`t noticed the beeza sat in the courner with a cloth over it  wink2
*lol* *lol* *lol*,cheers fella, i'll give it a go.
Preferred location: somewhere warm and dry.
Bike: 1953 plunger Longstroke engine.

Online orabanda

• Resident Legend
My friend John has powerful powers of persuasion.......

Richard

Offline Black Flash

• Moving Up
  • 1961 Golden Flash
Let me guess? Quite expensive living room art since he is not allowed to ride his and must keep HERS clean, and polished?
Gary
1961 A10 GF
NC

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
 Not too many HERS would ride those weapons and still be child bearing. ;)
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
Spot on Musky, thats a serious pair of dirt bikes.

I sold my CR500 eight years ago, just as well or I would have probably killed myself.

Online metalflake11

• Resident Legend
I am sorry to say this but I am completely under the thumb when it comes to bikes in the house!................................... At the start of the year this sort of thing was not allowed untill it was finished and ready for the road. The Bonnie is still there along with the 1947 British Seagull outboard engine I rebuilt! (The Bonnie needs some new big ends and mains sadly) ...............  She met the introduction of a 7' X 2' 6" hydraulic bike ramp with no more than a resigned shake of the head! Added to that, is a 3' X 2' 6" tool box, 2 drum kits and worst of all ME in the living room. Never mind! I was like that when she met me, so I blame her! wink2
England N.W
1960 A10
England

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
 Good one metalflake11, is that the lounge on it's end to make more room? Tell her you know a floor sander/polisher (what I do) to refurb the floor later.
Is that the speedo atop the magy?
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online metalflake11

• Resident Legend
Hia Muskrat, yes that is the settee as we call it over here, on its end *grins* Sadly, I started the bike while it was on the new ramp and the castor wheels sunk into the floor! It'll take more than a sander! *whistle* ............Yes that is the old chronometric ''have a guess at the speed machine' on top of the mag. I used an old head steady bracket (upside down) on the back nut of the mag to mount it.  The cable is a tacho drive off an A65 which is just the right length to loop round the front of the engine and back along the top of the timing case.
England N.W
1960 A10
England

Offline renos-a10

• A's Best Friend
The best idea ever and ever. I will speak to my wife to give me the ground floor . I think she don't have a problem😳
1954 BSA A10 Plunger
Cyprus

Offline Tumbleweed

• A's Best Friend
one of my ex girlfriends used to love the smell of Benzole before she met me, i might have got away with it  with her ;)
Semper in excretia sumus solum profundum veriat.

Offline stu.andrews

• A's Best Friend
I've not suggested it in case she leaves?? Umm, thinking about it perhaps I could give it a try!
2010 Yamaha TDM 900-Touring
2012 Triumph Bonneville SE-Fun

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
This topic could, so easily, be expanded:

.....wives that have helped work on your bike(s)?
.....wives that only care about your bike to the extent that it helps your mental health/keeps you out in the shed/gives her an excuse to spend just as much money at the hair salon/increases her chances of collecting on the policy....

My answers: first question, "No"; the rest, probably yesses.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
I do despair at times , are we so locked into the past that we can ignore to new technology that surrounds us .

Come on guys instead of looking for more profitable corners for the wife, get a fast broadband computer, build a website and let the corners come to your wife, I've seen them (purely by accident of course whilst looking for "unused singles in barns") *whistle*
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco