Author Topic: rocket goldstar shed find!!!  (Read 2188 times)

Offline townsends20

• Moving Up
rocket goldstar shed find!!!
« on: 03.10. 2012 09:21 »
Hi
      Just catching up with you all, rained off from work today. I finished this bike last year and have been giving it a good work out this year ( in-between the rain) it is going great. Just a quick catch up this bike came free of charge!! with no paperwork out of an old leaky shed it had been there complete striped including the engine, in old tea chests boxes  sitting there for the last 35 years. All the boxes fell apart when moved and I had to use a wheelbarrow to move it all, it looked like a hopeless case with no cycle parts worth keeping, the frame was OK as it was off the ground.
    Well when I got around to cleaning it up to see what parts were worth selling on because as it was in such a bad state, I was surprised when I got to the frame number it read GA10.116. Yes it turned out to be a genuine 62 rocket goldstar with the matching engine number & the right gearbox this made it one of the first RGS to be made as they started from 101. After a year of  research and paperwork I managed to register it with the original reg number. Anyway it was well worth the two years and £!!!!! to see and ride this icon of the BSA  back were it should be. I am just glad that it didn?t go to the scrap yard as it was going to go if a friend hadn?t asked me to help him to clear out his shed.
   steve 
1962 rgs

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: rocket goldstar shed find!!!
« Reply #1 on: 03.10. 2012 10:10 »

Lucky bugger, dunno where you're at,but looks like you're on the right(spell 'correct'), side of the road, only minor criticism is the front guard looks a bit funny, maybe the stays are switched?..... :!

Cheers duTch
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline melville

• Moving Up
« Reply #2 on: 25.11. 2012 01:26 »
Sweet bike!

Are you in Austin?

Offline townsends20

• Moving Up
« Reply #3 on: 25.11. 2012 18:28 »
Hi melville
        I have no idea where Austin is but it sounds like a long ride. I am in West Sussex, UK, in a  small seaside town called littlehampton. Is anyone out there close, it would be nice to hear from someone near.
                             Steve
1962 rgs

Offline melville

• Moving Up
« Reply #4 on: 27.11. 2012 00:59 »
When a BMW and Moto Guzzi riding friend returned to Austin Texas he found employment at a "Manor Road Coffeehouse."  As it was in Texas, it was pronounced "Mainer."  I wondered if that might be some PetroRetro attraction there.  Clearly not.

And the bike is the sweetness!

Offline Derby Rob

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #5 on: 10.08. 2013 17:09 »
hi,nice bike and photo.I like the peak on the head light i have seen a few bikes with those,any idea where i could get one

cheers Rob  *????*
61 BSA A7,yamaha rd500 ,suzuki ts250er,suzuki x7,1958 francis barnett cruiser 80

Offline townsends20

• Moving Up
« Reply #6 on: 13.08. 2013 17:39 »
Hi, Rob, these peaks were made for minis and minor 1000's  7'' but they fit ok. just go on ebay put in headlamp peaks you will be spoilt for choice.
   Steve.
1962 rgs

Online WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
« Reply #7 on: 13.08. 2013 23:49 »
Harley have them also, in their spare parts catalogue..   
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"