Author Topic: Was your BSA expensive ?  (Read 1339 times)

Online WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
Re: Was your BSA expensive ?
« Reply #15 on: 19.10. 2012 07:47 »
Nope.... BUT it's getting there..   *conf*
picked her up in boxes & plastic crates last year for $2000
New Wheels have been the major money spent so far...
& I still got a long way to go...   *eek*  I guess it's a labor of love...
Thank god for this forum & it's members who have helped me out...
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"

Offline K1100

• Moving Up
  • 1954 A10
« Reply #16 on: 19.10. 2012 12:45 »
I got carried away on Ebay three months ago and paid more than I planned for my 1954 A10 ... £4,300. The bidding was keen because of the bike's history, I think ... at least, that's what motivated me. A lot of work by SRM, an obviously technically sympathetic owner, very neat Hepco+Becker panniers and a full history complete with original running-in instructions. Three oil leaks and a minor difficulty with the brakes in days immediately after collection made me briefly think I had made a mistake  but there's only one oil leak left to solve, this forum is superb, *smile*I have done 300 enjoyable miles in recent weeks and see no reason why it won't get me to Norway next summer so I'm happy.

Offline townsends20

• Moving Up
« Reply #17 on: 19.10. 2012 15:57 »
This bike came free of charge!! with no paperwork out of an old leaky shed it had been there complete striped including the engine, in old tea chests boxes  sitting there for the last 35 years. All the boxes fell apart when moved and I had to use a wheelbarrow to move it all, it looked like a hopeless case with no cycle parts worth keeping, the frame was OK as it was off the ground.
    Well when I got around to cleaning it up to see what parts were worth selling on because as it was in such a bad state I was surprised when I got to the frame number it read GA10.116. Yes it turned out to be a genuine 62 rocket goldstar with the matching engine number this made it one of the first RGS to be made as they started from 101. After a year of  research and paperwork I managed to register it with the original reg number. I finished this bike last year and have been giving it a good work out this year ( in-between the rain) it is going great.    It was well worth the two years and about £4000 to get this icon of the BSA  back were it should be. I am just glad that it didn?t go to the scrap yard as it was going to go if a friend hadn?t asked me to help him to clear out his shed.
   Steve

1962 rgs