Author Topic: rear bearing spacer a10 plunger  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Tumbleweed

• A's Good Friend
Re: rear bearing spacer a10 plunger
« Reply #15 on: 30.11. 2012 09:12 »
hi bri, my hub has threads on the sprocket end but not on the other on which the bearing is just pressed in there is fairly deep recess on that side , ive just had new rim and spokes on this hub so i hope i havent got to find the right hub , it is central to the plungers so i think i will leave it on for now unless anyone tells me it wont work ? thanks  tw
Semper in excretia sumus solum profundum veriat.

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
« Reply #16 on: 30.11. 2012 10:21 »
If it only has thread on one side it is not a plunger hub. But if you have managed to get it to line up and spin freely then it should work.

Are both sides of the hub, the crinkly parts, the same diameter. If they are then you can use the same spokes and rim if you find the correct hub one day. The hub you need looks identical to the one you have but with threads on both sides.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 30.11. 2012 11:02 »

Yes T-dubb, as Brian says, if I didn't say before, there seem to be a variation of hubs, all same on drive end, but plunger have the screw in bearing retainers both ends, where as Brian says the swing arm mods ('54-'55/6) only drive side and different spacer, and as I maybe said the R/H bearing 'floats' a bit more readily- maybe?,(it's what I've had in mine before I knew otherwise)
 I could be wrong but the ~'65-'69 hub is also similar, but may? have a thread, or notches or both on the RHS to accommodate a speedo drive (hoping someone will verify?)
 Otherwise don't really matter as I said the important bits is as I said, the other stuff is semantics,and important only for dead-set orignality.

Don't go thinkin' I some kind of expert, I've only discovered this by my own misdemeanor  *conf* *eek*
 Good luck sounds it's getting there, any dramas I happy to try and help

cheers for now, duTch
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Tumbleweed

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #18 on: 30.11. 2012 16:24 »
thanks  brian/ dutch ,  its good to know this back wheel is probably  going to be ok you are all experts to me dutch, and they say learning the hard way is the best .anyway  now ive got to find out how the mudguard fits i dont know if the L shaped brackets are bent or even if the mudguard i have is off a plunger flash so its a bit of head scratching this weekend, (in between beers)     cheers   tw

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 01.12. 2012 10:40 »
No drama T-Dubb,
 First I am NOT an Expert at anything- specially typing
  maybe can't feed too much on the m'guard, as mine was cut off just behind the stays when I found it, and the bottom part of the stay also, so I've had to improvise, as with many bits.
 Not being a resto all ok hopefully not too far from piccie time
  Expert - NO NOT me, no way get....f.....f.....off.....- that's a bit from an Angels song(aussie band-could've been Acca Dacca, but..... *whistle*)
but good luck , happy to chuck in me two bobs worth
 also don't talk to me about '(in between beers-?- I think 'while beer is happening' )  ' *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Tumbleweed

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #20 on: 01.12. 2012 20:10 »
LOL Dutch  *smile*