Author Topic: FTAO Northern Hemisphere. Aussies need not Apply. Keeping Warm?  (Read 512 times)

Online metalflake11

• Resident Legend
I've had one of these for a few years now. I wear a fleecy lumberjack shirt with one of these in the left breast pocket near the old ticker. It literally warms the cockles of the heart, which in turn pumps warm blood around the rest of you. When you stop, take it out and warm your hands. If I had thought on, I would have mentioned these earlier, they could have been a Christmas present from the other half. They last about five hours before they need re-filling and it works out at about £1 a time. They work well!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2012-MODEL-FIREFLY-PETROL-HAND-WARMERS-UP-TO-24HR-USE-WITH-A-SINGLE-FILL-/170947922097?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item27cd4a48b1
Zippo also do one a bit dearer, but you can replace the burner on those. They are supposed to last 100's of hours but you may end up walking around with one of these in your pocket all winter on the bike or not.
England N.W
1960 A10
England

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
 What a neat little gadget. It does get cool down here now and then. One of those in a kidney belt would stop my back seizing up when shopping in the freezer isle. Think I'll get one.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online metalflake11

• Resident Legend
Cool in Oz?....... Whats that then Muskie, about 20 degrees c in the shade? *smile*........... P.S. My sister has lived in Darwen twenty odd years now and a mate who lives quite close to Freemantle.
England N.W
1960 A10
England

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
 It does happen. I lived in the bush for about 10 years just 10 miles from the coast below Pigeon House Mountain, got to blow -10c quite often in winter. Had to wait till mid afternoon to get water out of the kitchen tap!
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online metalflake11

• Resident Legend
Blimey! That's cold mate.
England N.W
1960 A10
England

Offline pato08

• A's Best Friend
  • A Work In Progress
Don't forget us down in Canberra, winter chill at -6 and snow in my back yard.

Pato
1957 Plunger, one of the very rare collector's items ;-)
Australia

Online metalflake11

• Resident Legend
Well, that's me well and truly put in my place then!...........Twice! *sad*
England N.W
1960 A10
England