Author Topic: Bike jumble  (Read 1122 times)

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
Bike jumble
« on: 25.02. 2013 22:05 »
Been to the Wieze (B) bike jumble, and came across this RGS;

Doesn't look right to me, but if anyone can correct.....
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Bike jumble
« Reply #1 on: 26.02. 2013 20:16 »
Morris,
            Early centre stand, wrong rear guard,wrong number plate, early seat.
Probably a '54/5 done up as a RGS.
Looks nice.

Trev.

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #2 on: 26.02. 2013 20:27 »
Looks nice indeed Trev, and no doubt, the owner must have put a lot of effort, time and money in it.
No offence to anyone, but bikes like this always make me think of a transvestite. No matter how nice the dress, you keep staring at the hairy legs.....
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
Belgium

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 26.02. 2013 20:38 »
You are a bit of a worry, Morris!
What is a well brought up BSA owner doing thinking of transvestites?    *smile* *smile*

Trev.

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #4 on: 26.02. 2013 20:46 »
 *red*
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
Belgium

Offline terryg

• Valued Contributor
    • thecarshipenterprise
« Reply #5 on: 26.02. 2013 20:58 »
Better a 'dresser' A10/RGS than no A10 at all, perhaps?

Agreed it looks nice. And not much effort to make it even nicer.
Terry
'57 'SR', '59 SR, '63 RGS

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #6 on: 03.03. 2013 17:56 »
Mine is a scruffy version of this nice looking bike. It has took me years to build up to owning one, what with family life etc. I don't think we should have a pop at BSA owners who do not dot the I's and use after market parts from different models. When I park mine in the High street lots of old chaps admire mine, rusty rims and the wrong back light included. The critics at Jumbles always seem to hunt in packs and egg each other on. I tend to agree, nice to see a Beezer on the road.

Happy trails
Colin

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #7 on: 03.03. 2013 22:17 »
Mine is a scruffy version of this nice looking bike. It has took me years to build up to owning one, what with family life etc. I don't think we should have a pop at BSA owners who do not dot the I's and use after market parts from different models. When I park mine in the High street lots of old chaps admire mine, rusty rims and the wrong back light included. The critics at Jumbles always seem to hunt in packs and egg each other on. I tend to agree, nice to see a Beezer on the road.

Happy trails
Colin

Fully agree Colin, as mine also isn't an original one, no matching numbers, paint far from perfect etc...
I just don't like people who put a bike on show with a sign that says "Rocket Gold Star" when its not. Next step is to sell it for to much money to someone who's been saving up for years to get the bike of his dreams, and discovers afterwards that he's been cheated.
You could say that he had to investigate more closely, but didn't we all sometimes bought something, taking the seller for his word, only to find out later that we shouldn't have?
The point I wanted to make is; BE HONEST!
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
Belgium

Online metalflake11

• Resident Legend
« Reply #8 on: 03.03. 2013 23:30 »
I'm with you guys too. Over the years, a few of the 'should be kept standard' brigade who have commented on mine are way off the mark with the criticism. When I was young, broke, and the bike needed fixing, I got whatever, from wherever, to make it work again. As it stands it has A7 crankcases with an A10 crank, thick flange A10 barrells and a reworked A7 head. (might be A10 though, can't remember *dunno*). Added to that who knows where the internals are from? Not from Small Heath, that's for sure! The pistons are from Australia for a start!
So can anybody tell me which particular standard B.S.A. rolling chassis that should go into?
The bottom line, and it might not be popular, is very few if any are standard any more. One stainless nut and bolt and the bike might be 'in keeping' with the manufacturer, but no longer standard factory spec....... B.S.A. no longer exists as a supplier of parts, so now, we all get whatever from wherever, none of it a 'factory' replacement part.
I would like to say finally, that I admire every single owner of any British bike, for keeping them running in the face of all the difficulties we encounter. I would also like to tip my hat to the 'in keeping' men, who do some superb re-furbs!
England N.W
1960 A10
England

Offline Ethelred

• A's Best Friend
  • Northants, UK
« Reply #9 on: 04.03. 2013 00:24 »
Well said metalflake. It's great that some bikes are unrestored, gives a really useful reference point for those who are restoring, and many a bike that looks right hides 12v electrics, electronic regulator, belt drive primary, better bearings etc etc and various other improvements. You can make the bikes better or go for an authentic old fashioned experience or build something out of a pile of bits, even a chopper or bobber if that floats your boat, it's your money, your bike. Fakes are different, it's just fraud.
My current conundrum is a front brake cable, I've got a new one ready to go on, but the original adjusters are just nicer, so I'll probably end up messing about with soldering nipples and all that hassle...
'59 A10

Online metalflake11

• Resident Legend
« Reply #10 on: 04.03. 2013 00:53 »
Here's mine, as origional from the B.S.A. research and developement department.

And anybody that believes that deserves fleecing. *smile*
England N.W
1960 A10
England

Offline Ethelred

• A's Best Friend
  • Northants, UK
« Reply #11 on: 04.03. 2013 01:20 »
That's a beaut MF, and no brake adjusters to worry about  *smile*
'59 A10

Online metalflake11

• Resident Legend
« Reply #12 on: 04.03. 2013 01:26 »
Thankyou, most kind!

Different light, different colour!
England N.W
1960 A10
England

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #13 on: 04.03. 2013 14:28 »

And anybody that believes that deserves fleecing. *smile*

Hahaha, as if I didn't notice that the paint ain't original!

Great bike by the way.
Just keep an eye on traffic, never know when a pickup truck with a couple of hillbillies is coming the other way...
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
Belgium

Online metalflake11

• Resident Legend
« Reply #14 on: 04.03. 2013 15:04 »
I'm OK as long my mate dont give 'em the bird!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLAYw0vM-bw
Thanks Morris.
"Here's to old D. H. Lawrence...........Yeeaaarrrr, nick, nick, nick.....ff, ff, ff,.....caaaah!.......Indians."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j7zD5ydpUo&list=PLPLLPhuhNal3WtFb1EV31ysAzsPkBlHnSAB
 *smile* *smile* *smile*
England N.W
1960 A10
England