Author Topic: anybody used one of these??  (Read 2171 times)

Offline shuswapkev

• A's Good Friend
Re: anybody used one of these??
« Reply #15 on: 15.04. 2013 10:44 »
gav

thanks for that..
  its a bit over .99 now..  but it is a royal enfield part...and r.e parts are generally listed quite cheap  even cheaper than harley parts and i,m sure r.e. must have their own electronic pickup inside one of those... just need to do whatever it takes to get the bsa drive gear on the shaft and connect the wires

as it is.. would save a heap of fabricating..the alternator looks sorta ok...but do you have to run an open primary chain??  that chain gets real hot...even in an oil bath...
the kobatah alt conversion would be about the same work...but i think heaps better and far easier on the eyes...

i know the standard magneto works fine...and i,ve had ,m for quite a few years...very little real trouble...but whenever i have replaced the points ignition with electronic...the performance difference was amazing...  of course..i was replacing worn out ignition junk that i couldn,t make work with a new product developed 50 years later...
anyway..see how we go...
thanks heaps for all the help... certainly appreciated

Offline shuswapkev

• A's Good Friend
Re: anybody used one of these??
« Reply #16 on: 15.04. 2013 11:01 »
http://www.voc.uk.com/net/docs/8.2/8.2-674-15.pdf

no idea if i should put this link up...or if it will work..but here is a vincent conversion..with a vincent price