Author Topic: The most Golden Flash at Rockers vs Mods in Stockholm  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Nitti

• A's Good Friend
I thought I should share a cherished memory with you in the darkness and winter (at least in Sweden).
The picture shows my GF -53 , with my daughter in the sidecar (1970s soviet-built Ural), at the annual Rockers vs Mods ride-out in Stockholm this autumn.
The event is organised by two local clubs, Ton-up Stockholm and Lambretta club Stockholm, in memory of the good old 60s, where the Rockers and Mods clashed on the English south-coast.
Today the feeling is more friendly, with a common ride-out in the city of Stockholm, exhibition for the public, voting for best bike etc and a big party in the evening. The fight is all about mobilising as many bikes/scooters as possible. This year we were about 200, and the Rockers outnumbered the Mods with about 20 bikes. 90% of the bikes are British, mainly Triumphs and Nortons, I think we were 6 BSAs, my GF the only A10/A7. The dress code is very strict, black or brown leather, jeans for the Rockers and typical Mods outfits for the others, making it a great show for the spectators

I hope that you agree that the GF sticks out ;)

Happy New Year
Nitti
Nitti- Ekero/Sweden !
BSA Golden Flash-53 with Sidecar

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
Re: The most Golden Flash at Rockers vs Mods in Stockholm
« Reply #1 on: 29.12. 2008 10:34 »
Hei Nitti,
Great to see those pics. I think I saw some in MCM magazine too.

Of course you guys have a long history of terrorising English coastal towns *smile*
Cheers,
Iain

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: The most Golden Flash at Rockers vs Mods in Stockholm
« Reply #2 on: 29.12. 2008 10:38 »
Nice to see it's on the road and rolling. Yes, it stands out from the crowd !
e

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"