Author Topic: hello from ireland  (Read 3629 times)

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
Re: hello from ireland
« Reply #15 on: 07.01. 2009 19:06 »
This is excellent! thanks Ronnie for your efforts... and to Groily too for inspiring me to do something with my orrible taps... Oh by the way your window ledge has terrible woodworm...  *lol* *lol* *lol*

Cheers fellas! (is it noticable that I've just consumed a strong beer?)
LJ.
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
« Reply #16 on: 08.01. 2009 06:37 »
Hope the worms are dead now LJ (like the geraniums on the other side)!  *respect*B&Q's the place for the bits in the UK if it hasn't succumbed to the economic woes, but I'm sure the other folk all sell the same thing . . .
Bill

Offline A10Boy

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Solihull, Near Birmingham England.
« Reply #17 on: 08.01. 2009 17:50 »
Ronnie
Thanks for that, I have a TLS brakeplate and had the ally slot welded up and machined to fit the lug. As you know, the lug usually isnt long enough.
Regards

Andy

1958 Super Rocket
Plus
Harley Super Glide Custom
Yam XJR 1300

Offline ronnierockets

• Moving Up
« Reply #18 on: 08.01. 2009 21:22 »
 HI, L.J and Andy.
You'r welcome fellas,
Hi, Groily,you mentioned fitting a tap to the bikes oil line to cure wet sumping ,
well i was doing something similar,and when i get the time to finish it off, i'll post it on the forum with a few pic's , now that i've got the hang of downsizing the photos..best regards to all..ronnierockets..
as the wife says,too many bikes, and only one butt.

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
« Reply #19 on: 09.01. 2009 07:32 »
The inline oil taps I have Ronnie are actually fitted to a pair of machines of an oilier marque which have a far worse, extreme almost, tendency to drain down . . . but there's enough space to do the same on an A, and I did make an ugly prototype, before I found out about the next size up in gas taps!! Haven't done it to the A yet, though, as it only tends to drain away from time to time. If I notice, I just start it up and pump the oil back before much has gone awol (and before the cases are so full they'll splurge the slime out of the breather and create an oil slick). But I reckon there has to be a mag earth switch incorporated, or some mechanical impediment to moving the kick-starter!
Bill