Author Topic: BSA Open Day rally  (Read 2342 times)

Offline TT John

• A's Best Friend
BSA Open Day rally
« on: 15.05. 2013 12:59 »
Hi All.

If you don't know already the BSA open day is on the 24th - 27th May at the Mkt Harborough rugby club Leic's, camping for the whole weekend is only £10, entertainment on Saturday night & Sunday night, huge club house with up to seven real ales in the bar, you should be a member of the BSA owners club to attend this event, however , you can join when you turn up. The theme for this year is motorbikes & sidecars plus three wheelers. We have some cracking raffle prizes worth ££££££££££££££££s including channel ferry crossings IOM Steam packet crossing, Boyer Bransden ignition system, plus loads more. booking in starts on Friday or you can e-mail me for more info.

Regards TTJohn *beer* *beer* *yeah*

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: BSA Open Day rally
« Reply #1 on: 15.05. 2013 17:44 »
I'm going

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 15.05. 2013 18:51 »
Hi Neil,

I should be there on my A10 (956 XUP) with the sweptback exhausts and goldie megga.  Look me up and introduce yourself.  I normally have a Union Flag with BEEZAGEEZAUK printed on it which I attach to a little blue tent.

Is anybody else from the forum going?  If so it would be great to meet up.

Beezageezauk. 

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 15.05. 2013 19:28 »
It would be rather excellent to meet some of you guys.
Beezageezauk, I'll seek you out.
I've just been fabricating a luggage rack for my bike: I don't think I'd get tent, bedding and clothes in my rucky.

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 15.05. 2013 19:37 »
If you've been to one of these do's will you tell me what to expect. I was informed that I do not need cooking equipment and that there will be a ride out on Saturday. Is it best to arrive early on Friday to allow time to absorb knowledge of the weekends events etc?

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #5 on: 15.05. 2013 21:51 »
Hi Neil,

I always expect the unexpected and I never know who is going to turn up and what is organised other than what is advertised.

There is normally entertainment laid on and a good bar.  As you say, an organised run out and meals are available.  I normally take my cooking gear mainly because I can't go without my cuppa for more than a few hours.  Take a mug and you will be welcome to use my stove to make yourself a hot drink.  It's also good insurance, even though you may not use them, to take a plate and knife, fork and spoon.

See you there.

Beezageezauk.

Offline TT John

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #6 on: 15.05. 2013 22:41 »
Hi Ray & Niel.

See you both there, it'll be a humdinger.

TTJohn

Offline A10Boy

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Solihull, Near Birmingham England.
« Reply #7 on: 16.05. 2013 14:13 »
I'm hoping to go, but will probably just be on Sunday afternoon.  *whistle* I used to go to the Rally when it was at Kettering and was quite well attended by local branches and trade stalls. Sad to say it kinda dropped off a bit and even clashed with VMCC founders day one year [I think]. Anyway it would be good to say hello. I will be there on my Black Flash 755XUG.
Regards

Andy

1958 Super Rocket
Plus
1974 Kawasaki Z1a
Yam XJR 1300

Offline TT John

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #8 on: 16.05. 2013 16:34 »
Look me up when your there Andy, A10 registration number rings a bell.

Regards John

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 22.05. 2013 10:56 »
Anyone else going to the BSAOC open day?

Offline TT John

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #10 on: 22.05. 2013 11:55 »
Neil.
There are about 85 members booked in at present, so its all looking good, I will most probably be at the entrance tent as you get there checking cards and booking members in.

Regards TTJohn.

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 27.05. 2013 17:24 »
Well, my initiation into the world of BSA camps was not at all painful. I had a really enjoyable weekend; saw some awesome machinery and met some ace folks. The weather, apart from Friday was superb; I have quite a tan on my face and arms. Looking forward to the next do. My bike performed faultlessly.

Offline TT John

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #12 on: 27.05. 2013 19:00 »
Neil. It was good to see you there mate, I think everything worked out fine and I was pleased with the turnout, I had forgoten where I put the booking in sheets which put a bit more strain on Daphne but she did a splendid job, as all the girls that helped with manning the booking in marquee and selling the raffle tickets etc, A very big thanks to you all, bye the way Daphne I found them when I got home today. (My Fault Again) Sorry.
The venue for next year is already pre-booked and to anyone that could not make it this year, you missing a cracking weekend, many thanks to Rob and Alan for the organising the ride out, it was most enjoyable, a lovely route with not too much hastle.
Once again a big thankyou to all involved.

TTJohn

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #13 on: 27.05. 2013 19:09 »
Very nice stories. I would love to have been there, if only it was not 4,000 miles away. So, please, bring on the pictures.

Richard L.

P.S. Having a fairly nice day right here outside Chicago. Not so nice for riding but OK for a cigar and beer while slow cooking spareribs on the grille. Sort of an American tradition on Memorial Day. Thinking of D-Day vets resting at Normandy.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020 (if it's not cancelled and we are free to move about by then). Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline TT John

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #14 on: 27.05. 2013 20:53 »
Richard.
You would have been made very welcome at the open day and as for the spare ribs, we had a chef who did us proud with full English roast dinner yesterday.
As for the rememberance day of the vets who gave there lives, I never forget, being a vet myself with nine years given to queen & country fortunately, it was peace time so I never had much to put up with.
Take care mate .

TTJohn