Author Topic: Ya know what I hate?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline cyclobutch

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Ya know what I hate?
« Reply #15 on: 24.05. 2013 10:50 »
What you need surely, is a baby to carry the dingo away.
Various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #16 on: 24.05. 2013 13:04 »
Wozza, obviously they dogs stupid as well as noisy ;couldn't read the list of times  the council had passed to it that it shouldn't bark at. ???? *whistle* BobH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
  • N & F
    • BSA A10
« Reply #17 on: 24.05. 2013 16:14 »
Ya know what I hate?
The horrible Windows 8 Metro interface & it's Store & Apps etc !  ;)

& barking dogs, of course.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 24.05. 2013 16:41 »
Yep I'm sticking with Windows 7
at the moment I'm concentrating my hate on a new mouse I bought yesterday.
I bought a MS 2000 keyboard and mouse and successfully installed MS Garage "mouse without borders", this allows two PC's to be controlled with one keyboard and one mouse and both share the same monitor (why two PC's, to be sure to be sure *smiley4* I backup both to external HDD and to each computer, I was hit by a virus a couple of weeks back but escaped with just a few photos lost)
So the mouse - it scrolls on it's own and at random, screen jumps about as you try to read it, tried most things but I think the rodents bad, the little blue light underneath blinks randomly, happens on both PC's and was there before I installed MWB.

So I just hate meesis to peesis
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #19 on: 24.05. 2013 21:42 »
 Instead of mouse & keyboard,won't be long and they will have a dougal that fits on your finger and reads your mind.
We already have the prototype. Called a wife.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #20 on: 24.05. 2013 22:55 »
HURRAY!!!!
We got a Grumpy Old Man section *beer*
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #21 on: 25.05. 2013 09:45 »
a dougal that fits on your finger and reads your mind.

lets hope it's parental control then
All the best - Bill
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #22 on: 28.05. 2013 13:38 »
"We already have the prototype. Called a wife" , yeah but how come they always get the wrong end of stick?? BobH.
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #23 on: 02.07. 2013 15:16 »

Oh dear spoke to soon
Son has as usual managed to kill his PC (this will be about the fourth) also their laptop has "gone" not sure what that means.
So as I have two (linked for storage - this when hard drives were expensive) I thought I 'd give him the one with the biggest drive, then well I thought it a good time to upgrade and have a portable drive with it (WD mypassport), actually I didn't realize just how slow my old system was so all in all I'm pleased

But it has Windows 8 !!!, first impression was quite favorable, it's slick, then I couldn't fine all the stuff I use and cursed a bit.
Next day I sat and watched a MS video, did a bit of google, got a few pointers and tinkered a bit and slowly............ saw what it's about, now I like it, still a few reservations like I don't like how the browser opens up full screen (so I downloaded Firefox), they've lent a bit too far towards the tablet scene, I use a wide display so I can have more than one file window open at a time (makes for easy copy paste) this would be difficult on even a 10" tablet screen.
However on the whole I like it and probably I need to explore settings a bit further, so I'd stick at it, it's different but in time I think it will stick and I here they're bringing out 8.1 which reels some things back a bit
All the best - Bill

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #24 on: 15.12. 2013 11:41 »

Well I didn't, now quite into Win 8.1 although I think the ideal would have been for MS to have brought out two flavours for Keyboard or Touch or an automatic switch as used by Tablets that can dock onto a keyboard (my Asus Prime) Win 8.1 does give you back Start  and more logon options.
Got quite excited when reading the spec for Asus new Trio Tablet- tablet bit is Andriod but when docked to the keyboard it becomes Windows 8.1, then I read the price and quickly lost interest.
But enough - here's why I'm writing
After many years of using Firefox I'm a tad disappointed with the latest versions (25,26), seems to get very slow loading pages, this I put down to my Broadband until out of curiosity I tried IE and found it so much quicker, also to many "script" problems popping up in Firefox and strange happenings, the final straw it wont display the forum pages properly, a wide grey band appears every few mails, this does not happen in IE or Opera so I'm for a change, now probably is a good time to get used to a new browser as there all it seem in the throws of accommodating Touch and Tablet

Don't be surprised if I'm here again asking for directions

All the best - Bill

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #25 on: 15.12. 2013 12:05 »
^^^ Hello, agree the new IE is fast (but having some problems with IE11 in w8.1, many websites are not loading properly, even when using the socalled compatibility). Am sticking to FF, basically due to a couple of good addons I'm always using.

FF 26 (and all the previous) displays the forum correctly here, got different pc's, some of them dual boot, so am seeing this forum in FF (+ IE 8-9-10-11\Chrome for testing) using xp, w7 home pro, w7 ultimate, w8, w8.1, and no problems. So am wondering what gives you the grey band in FF. (Posted from Chrome\W7)

---------------

BTW, what I hate? Enthusiastic & energetic neighbor using his chainsaw at 07.30 on a sunday morning.

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #26 on: 15.12. 2013 12:40 »
G'day Bill. I've been using Firefox and have noticed slow page loading (but downloads coming as normal 700kbs). Just tried IE11 and pages are quicker but getting script errors. Typing doubled up. Might go back to Chrome.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #27 on: 15.12. 2013 13:56 »
Update
Disabled all add on in FF
reloaded forum tab
Grey bars still there but each now contain an ad also tab next to forum tab and new tabs appear with ads

I think maybe time for a MacAfee scan

Watch this space (it could contain and ad anytime now) *eek*
All the best - Bill

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #28 on: 15.12. 2013 15:18 »
^^^ Interesting. Certainly no adds served from here.

2 very good, small programs to remove browser hijacks:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
Also, http://www.malwarebytes.org/

All free and small footprint (donation\buy if happy user).

btw, this should maybe be in http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?board=41.0, I'll see if there is a sensible way to split the topic. But at the same time it's in the correct place, we all hate computer problems.

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #29 on: 16.12. 2013 12:55 »
Thanks for the headsup on the "Malwarebytes" I've run it and it found 23 items now removed, the list of items all seemed possible suspects unlike the usual cleaners that state 653 registry errors !. will have a look at the othes, don't mind donating to genuine site but there's so many of the other kind around

My Broadband is playing up (that should be down) so not an ideal time to be downloading stuff, however an hour with IE11 was enough for me (why does it have a german version of Yahoo?), I did a clean install of FF (not an upgrade) comparing the download with my previous one for FF26 revealed a difference in size ??, anyway I was intrigued to see my favourates all still there (where were they hiding) and the grey bands between posts on this forum have gone and the ads, also the funny shifting of mails from my inbox to trash isn't not down to FF.
So I'm back with FF for now, meanwhile BT have me on what they term "the priority Customer Care Desk", a nice sounding chap at the other end of the country is taking a personal interest and altering my profile in my local exchange.
thanks again
All the best - Bill