Author Topic: How mistakes can happen!  (Read 782 times)

Online orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
How mistakes can happen!
« on: 30.05. 2013 06:48 »
 A Young man called Ron wanted to buy a Valentine present for his new girlfriend. They hadn't been seeing each other for very long and she lived a considerable distance away.
He consulted with his sister and decided after careful consideration, that a pair of good quality gloves would strike the right note, not too romantic and not too personal. Off he went with his sister to Harrods ladies dept and they selected a dainty pair of fur lined quality leather gloves. His sister bought a pair of knickers for herself at the same time. Harrods had a free gift wrap offer but the assistant mixed up the two items, the sister got the gloves and Ron got the knickers. Good old Ron sent off his gift wrapped present in a parcel with the following letter:

Dear Kate, I chose these because I've noticed that you are not wearing any when we go out in the evenings. If it had not been for my sister I would have chosen the long ones with buttons, but she wears shorter ones (which are easier to remove). These are a very delicate shade, but the lady I bought them from showed me the pair she had been wearing for the past three weeks and they were hardly soiled at all. I had her try yours on for me and she looked really smart in them even though they were a little bit tight on her. She also said that they rub against her ring which helps keep it clean. In fact she hasn't needed to wash it since she began wearing them. I wish I was there to put them on for you the first time, as no doubt many other hands will touch them before I have a chance to see you again. When you take them off remember to blow into them a little bit because they will be naturally a little damp from wearing. Just imagine how many times my lips will kiss them during the coming year. I hope you will wear them for me on our next date. All my love Ron. P.S. My mum tells me that the latest style is to wear them folded down with a little bit of fur showing.

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
Re: How mistakes can happen!
« Reply #1 on: 30.05. 2013 07:11 »
Hmmmmmm, I wonder if this is one of those stories where the "names have been changed to protect the identity of the people involved".......................................................

"Ron" lived a considerable distance from the young lady in question. Maybe he lived on a station quite some distance from a town like, for instance, Kalgoorlie.

I wonder.................................................................

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 30.05. 2013 09:42 »
It's a goodun!  *smiley4*
Greybeard (Neil)
1955 Golden Flash, sprung frame
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline A10Boy

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Solihull, Near Birmingham England.
« Reply #3 on: 30.05. 2013 12:05 »
ha ha........  *eek*
Regards

Andy

1958 Super Rocket
Plus
Harley Super Glide Custom
Yam XJR 1300

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #4 on: 30.05. 2013 16:10 »
really great just what you need to help get through a rough morning ,cheers BobH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Rgs-Bill

• A's Good Friend
  • Rocket Gold Star-Bill - U S of A -- N.W. Corner
« Reply #5 on: 30.05. 2013 20:26 »
I wish we all could read any reply she might make to his gift and note, that could really be Interesting/funny.
                             RGS-BILL
U S of A
N.W. Corner, Seattle 
1962 RGS
78 YEARS OLD
Still Kick Starting My Motor (9 TO 1)
Although getting a bit tougher to do ! !

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #6 on: 31.05. 2013 23:10 »
Reminds me of one of our customers, who rang me up one day, asking why we sent him some ladies lingerie instead of the parts for his printing press he ordered.
Apparently there was a mix up of parcels at the delivery company......
Until now nobody claimed it, so it's still at our customer. Ron can come and pick it up if he likes.....
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 01.06. 2013 07:15 »

Ok I was in suspense there for a bit but now it seems Morris may have a few more answers for us....??..is 'Kate' his real name?...will Ron/Morris' sister ever forgive him/her...?..(printing press-? yeah sure....)  whoo boy- the stuff I miss out on when I go awol.......???

better stock up on coldies for a steamy sesh...?
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia