Author Topic: Corrugated shim washers for Amal choke / advance levers ?  (Read 414 times)

Offline Stephen Foster

  • Valued Contributor
  • ****
  • Join Date: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 481
  • Karma: 5
Can any forum member please clarify the name of the wavy washers / shim fitted in the above please ?
I have 3 Amal levers which are missing these & wonder if replacements are available ?

Thanks in advance ,
Steve ..
I own a 1955/56 B.S.A Swinging Arm "Golden Flash" , had it since 1976 .

Offline Sparky

  • A's Best Friend
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jun 2012
  • Posts: 59
  • Karma: 1
The part you are referring to is often called a wave spring washer.  I see that Draganfly lists the part, but do not have them in stock.  Depending on the lever manufacturer, Amal, Bowden, or Douherty, you might be able to find something from your local hardware store that fits with perhaps a bit of modification.  You might also locate a suitable washer from a commercial hardware source or an online supplier.