Author Topic: Another new bloke  (Read 1830 times)

TSY387

Another new bloke
« on: 25.11. 2008 18:00 »
Hello all,

Stumbled on your most informative forum today. Been hanging around on the yahoo groups forum for a while. Anyway, I'll try and post a couple of pictures of my bikes. From what I have read so far, I'll be delighted to be joining such a decent and interested bunch.

Richard

Re: Another new bloke
« Reply #1 on: 25.11. 2008 18:48 »

Hello Alex
Nice couple of bikes
I see you are in Kent I suppose you know the other BSA reprobates in that county.
Are you in the BSAoc ?
I think the plunger looks good in Black with the chrome one of my favourite colour combinations
I look forward to conversing with you
All the best
Richard

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 25.11. 2008 20:48 »
Hello there,
Lovely looking bikes.
Cheers,
Iain

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
« Reply #3 on: 25.11. 2008 22:44 »
Good to have you aboard Alex.... and again from me... Nice looking bikes!

LJ.
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Offline fido

• Ferdinandovac, Croatia
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 26.11. 2008 07:38 »
Yes, nice to see another rigid member.....ooh er missus *whistle*

TSY387

« Reply #5 on: 26.11. 2008 11:57 »
Thanks for saying hello guys.

And yes, Richard, I am in Kent. But my BSAOC membership lapsed last month (times are tight) and I don't know any other members in Kent. I know of Shaun - his name crops up a lot on these forums and I've see his bike at Roadstar, looking pretty sorry after the IoM rally - but I haven't met Shaun. Sounds like some joker reversed into his A10, which is a great pity. Still, at least he seems to put a lot of miles on the old girl, which I am all in favour of.

I've also seen a lovely b33 or b31 thumping around Hythe, but I've never flagged him down and asked him about his bike. Neither have I ever ridden out to Luddesdown to say hello to the crew, it's a long way to ride of an evening and there's no chance of a beer if I want to ride back. I don't ride much in the dark.

I do go to Kempton when I can and I've been to Hamstreet a few times, which is a great gig. Daytime weekend stuff is much easier for me to get to.

Alex

Richard

« Reply #6 on: 26.11. 2008 13:49 »
Alex
Sorry to hear that times are tight but belonging to the BSAoc is something I enjoy
There is always something going on and over the years I have made a lot of friends and made loads of acquaintances here in the UK and from abroad.
There is the expertise in the club (Although there is a lot here on this forum) and when you ride out or go anywhere with a branch you are definitely with like minded folk.
It would be worthwhile riding or driving to one branch meeting just to show your face and meet the reprobates, there are a lot of active members in Kent and the one's I have met a great even Shaun but watch out for his sense of humour.
Regards
Richard