Author Topic: regulator  (Read 2243 times)

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: regulator
« Reply #15 on: 05.08. 2013 22:18 »
If my generator didn't produce 6V until 3000 RPM I would scrap it!

Trev.

Offline BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
« Reply #16 on: 07.08. 2013 11:28 »
If my generator didn't produce 6V until 3000 RPM I would scrap it!

Trev.

Just a number I pulled from the blue Trev for the point of making a point but, on that point, point taken.
have I been listening to too many election speeches ?
Bike Beesa
Trevor

Offline Gerry

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 18.08. 2013 13:26 »
Hi Guys, I seem to have the same problem, Discharge shows on the ammeter with no engine running and the same with engine running no matter how I rev it. I've checked and rechecked my wiring and can't fault it so its got to be the reg/rec. (Original equipment with the alloy cover and rubber bush studs RB108?) I have had the dynamo checked and its ok, even had a new field coil fitted even though the old one was showing correct ohms. I had skimmed and undercut the commutator and fitted new sealed bearings and new brushes (original Lucas nos). The test gave the dynamo a 100% rating. Although I checked the output from the reg' and I was getting 7.6 volts after adjusting. Gerry

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 18.08. 2013 15:14 »
Giogio,

You probably have noticed this, but the DVR2 needs to be orded as positive or negative earth, it is not selectable on the unit. I mention this because Ken's graph only mentions negative earth. i'm sure the results are the same for positive earth.

Richard L.

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 18.08. 2013 22:41 »
Gerry,
            If you are getting 7.6V and your ammeter is showing a discharge, either the ammeter is faulty or connected wrong.
Usually if the ammeter is showing discharge with the engine stopped it is because the cut-out points haven't opened.
When this happens there is a heavy (full scale) discharge shown because the battery is trying to motor the generator.
You could try disconnecting the "D" wire and see what happens to the ammeter but I feel that if the regulator is at fault your battery would quickly discharge and your dynamo wouldn't be very happy.

Trev.