Author Topic: date of manufacture  (Read 524 times)

Offline dave st cleer

• Moving Up
date of manufacture
« on: 07.09. 2013 20:51 »
     Hi eveybody  any ideas of the best way  of finding exact date of manufacture of my a10 when v5 shows only date of first registration as 1972 which i believe to be 10 years later  both engine and frame numbers match paper work.

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Re: date of manufacture
« Reply #1 on: 07.09. 2013 21:10 »
Hi Dave,

I would suggest that you contacted the BSA Owners' Club for a Dating Certificate.  This will tell you the date that the bike left the factory and the dealer who received it.

The certificate is a nice document that can be kept with the bike's paperwork or it could be framed and mounted on a wall somewhere.

Find out how to obtain one by going to www.bsaownersclub.co.uk and click on "Machine Registering and Dating" on the Home Page. Then click on "Apply for a Machine Certificate" on the bottom line of the chart and follow the instructions.  The contact details for the Dating Officer is at the bottom of that page.

The Dating Certificate service is available to non club members and isn't expensive.

Beezageezauk.

Offline dave st cleer

• Moving Up
« Reply #2 on: 07.09. 2013 21:18 »
 many thanks for that info sounds just what i needed to know.

Offline dave st cleer

• Moving Up
« Reply #3 on: 07.09. 2013 21:46 »
Hi again you are dead right not expensive £5 for members  £10 non members web sight explains every thing.

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 07.09. 2013 22:01 »
Happy to oblige Dave.  That's why we're here.

Beezageezauk.