Author Topic: What prevented you from working on your bikes today  (Read 1134 times)

Online Black Sheep

• Resident Legend
    • Where black sheep live
Re: What prevented you from working on your bikes today
« Reply #75 on: Today at 06:48 »
Spent hours attempting to interpret the sacred texts (1). Donned my ceremonial robes (2). Made a pilgrimage to the Sept of Baler (3). After many incantations (4) and arcane rituals with the holy objects (5) I finally summoned the almighty power (6) and behold, a miracle! (7).
1. Amazingly confusing New Holland 276 Hayliner manual
2. Oily boiler suit
3. Tractor shed
4. Language!
5. Spanners, hammer, large blunt objects
6. David Brown 995
7. The baler is back in working order.
Apologies to Game of Thrones fans.     
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep

Offline berger

• Resident Legend
  • keith from chesterfield uk 500ss cafe, morris 8
« Reply #76 on: Today at 12:40 »
biker bob I have thought that about master cylinder but it is a brand new stainless [very expensive!] unit. I am going to get a helper to press on the peddle when ime underneath and see if a flexy pipe is ballooning up - but not today *smile*

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #77 on: Today at 13:18 »
biker bob I have thought that about master cylinder but it is a brand new stainless [very expensive!] unit. I am going to get a helper to press on the peddle when ime underneath and see if a flexy pipe is ballooning up - but not today *smile*
I had a '49 Series 'E' Morris. I also had a couple of early '50's, Split Screen, Minors. One still had the side-valve engine. The master cylinder on those was located in a frame channel under the floor and a right bugger to change as they tend to rust in place. Is the Series E master cylinder in the same place?

Offline berger

• Resident Legend
  • keith from chesterfield uk 500ss cafe, morris 8
« Reply #78 on: Today at 14:04 »
greybeard the master cylinder is in the same place , I helped the previous owner to fit it. my dad had split screen moggy's  and later moggy's so he could fix his hand clutch mechanism to the steering tube , he couldn't press with his left leg after a bad smash on a rudge in the early fifties in fog