Author Topic: Any Idea what this is ?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
Re: Any Idea what this is ?
« Reply #15 on: 20.09. 2013 23:35 »
Maybe it should be connected to my Brake pedal mystery nut & bolt...    *eek*   *work*
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"

Offline pato08

• A's Good Friend
  • A Work In Progress
« Reply #16 on: 21.09. 2013 02:38 »
Thank you all for the wonderful replies, I now feel comfortable in grinding it off. as I bought this plunger as a "basket case" I have no idea what is BSA, and what is owner modification.
I also have two brake pedals, both Plunger and both different. I will post pics of them and welcome feedback.
1957 Plunger, one of the very rare collector's items ;-)
Australia

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 21.09. 2013 05:07 »
Any sign of a return spring that works with one of those pedals?

Richard L.

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
« Reply #18 on: 21.09. 2013 14:31 »
Wozza:
I have one of those too! And I fitted it myself *smile*
The brake pedal sat too high, possibly due to how the Goldie pedal axle was installed into the sidecar lug, rather than drilling a hole into the frame.
On mine the bolt adjusts against the bottom of the footrest. I have it adjusted so the pedal is comfortably under my foot. Before, I had to lift my foot off the footrest to use the pedal.

I have been making some embarrassing confessions this week haven't I? *whistle*
Cheers,
Iain

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 21.09. 2013 15:06 »

if you slipped a bit of pipe over it you could put your foot on it and lock the back wheel while you undid the clutch centre nut

Nice idea Bill, be entertaining at least, good as the circus..... *eek*..... though I find just using the brake pedal works ok.....??

Pato, if one pedal has a adjuster screw on it, I think that was a post ~'53 innovation (citation needed)
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
« Reply #20 on: 21.09. 2013 15:24 »
Wozza:
I have one of those too! And I fitted it myself *smile*
The brake pedal sat too high, possibly due to how the Goldie pedal axle was installed into the sidecar lug, rather than drilling a hole into the frame.
On mine the bolt adjusts against the bottom of the footrest. I have it adjusted so the pedal is comfortably under my foot. Before, I had to lift my foot off the footrest to use the pedal.

I have been making some embarrassing confessions this week haven't I? *whistle*
Cheers,
Iain

Yeah I think it was put there as an adjustment for pedal hight..BUT misses the foot rest, so it's as useless as  Bits on a bull ...  *eek*
there's a few bits & pieces non stock..  like the MAX LEAN OVER sidestand ( Triumph I think ? ) BUT it works ok & I'm not in a hurry to change it..   *smile*
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"