Author Topic: replacement rear shocks  (Read 705 times)

Offline taroha10

• A's Good Friend
  • 1961 super rocket. 1950 m20.
replacement rear shocks
« on: 29.09. 2013 10:39 »
Hi all, having just rode the Super Rocket for the first time in a while, it really showed up how bad the rear shocks are. Has anyone any ideas on good replacements that they have tried and liked.. The ones on it are possibly original. I am not bothered about the look so much as something that gives a nice ride. Bike is mainly used solo with the occasional pillion. Dont mind spending a few quid within reason.
Cheers. mark

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: replacement rear shocks
« Reply #1 on: 29.09. 2013 11:07 »
Armstrong (DOT) are available and good, also Hagon make a range of shocks for classic bikes in varying styles and are good as well, having said that at the moment I have on my Flash a set of the popular type sold by many dealers at shows and auto-jumbles for around 60 UK pounds they look right and work fine also.
 Oh try to get the right length off the top of my head I think it's 12.5 inches and a proper fitting C spanner is good also

All the best - Bill
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline taroha10

• A's Good Friend
  • 1961 super rocket. 1950 m20.
Re: replacement rear shocks
« Reply #2 on: 29.09. 2013 19:24 »
Thanks Bill, must admit I haven't looked at all yet but wanted to get some feedback on what others have liked.My last flash had Hagons on the back but it was a few years ago so can't remember much.
Will start looking. Cheers again, Mark.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco