Author Topic: Front brake light switch  (Read 2202 times)

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Front brake light switch
« Reply #15 on: 10.03. 2014 17:08 »
I said
might be worth contacting (Turners I think)
but Richard said
I buy my switch from Venhills

And now I think it was Venhills but also some interesting stuff coming out of this electronic and so forth, all to fool folks into thinking we have brakes ;)
Good Advice
No reactions
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #16 on: 10.03. 2014 21:04 »
hi guys, I was thinking of this problem and wondered if a `Mercury switch 'would be useful. On searching for Mercury switches I found this..... looks like it`s been done what do others think,cheers

My motorcycle, has a lot of engine braking, so I'm often slowing down just on throttle without touching the brakes. That means I'm open to getting rear ended by an in-attentive driver. Conventional wisdom is to touch the brake pedal when doing this, but it's easy to forget to do that.
I installed this with one wire to the battery +ve, and the other tapped into the normal brake light power wire, near the brake light. I stuck the sensor on the top of my rear mudguard, under the pillion seat, at a rough 25 degree angle.
Now my brake light comes on whenever I slow am slowing down, whether or not am using the brakes.

Good Advice
No reactions
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 10.03. 2014 21:19 »
I found this..... l
  - what would that be then  *smile*

Way back early sixties my uncle  had an AJS that had a mercury switch fitted, simple but effective little device, although descending steep hills ?????
I wondered if such things would have fallen foul of elfin saftey
Good Advice
No reactions
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco