Author Topic: Trevinoz photos  (Read 2420 times)

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Trevinoz photos
« on: 15.12. 2008 20:20 »
Finally I have got around to posting some photos. The Flash is 1955 and is the only one running at the moment. The frame with engine and little else is a 1958 ex N.S.W. Police Flash. On the stand is a 1962 Big Valve Super Rocket. The bare frames are a 1958 Super Rocket and 1954 Road Rocket. The R.G.S. is a 1962 model which I took off the road a few years ago for restoration and replacement of incorrect parts. I have owned it since about 1970 and was involved in a crash on it in 1971. We were both damaged somewhat, 18 months off work. When I rebuilt it I had to use a few parts from other bikes while I eventually found the right bits. One day I will get to it. Behind the R.G.S. is a T65 B.S.A. One of 264 built.
Buried in the mess are 3 plunger and 2 rigid frames and most of the parts to build 4 out 5. There are some other makes in there also.
I also have a 1966 Norton Atlas club registered. Sorry to say Bert Hopwood did a better job designing the Norton engine than his effort on the A7/A10. Maybe company policy held him back.
Having said that, I wouldn't swap any of my B.S.A.s for anything else.
   Trev.

Offline flatdeck

• A's Good Friend
Re: Trevinoz photos
« Reply #1 on: 15.12. 2008 23:27 »
Lovely to see.
Dave
NZBSAOC
1949 A7 Star Twin
Kent, U.K. then Auckland, N.Z.

Offline A10Boy

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Solihull, Near Birmingham England.
« Reply #2 on: 16.12. 2008 18:34 »
Yeah, nice set up you got there mate.

*smile*
Regards

Andy

1958 Super Rocket
Plus
Harley Super Glide Custom
Yam XJR 1300

Offline jfligg

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 18.12. 2008 00:31 »
Let me Reel in my tongue...  I Know this is an A10 forum but I would like to see some pics of the T65 BSA.  Thats a pretty rare bike.  I have only ever seen one in books.  Cheers nice collection  Jeff

Offline fido

• Ferdinandovac, Croatia
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 18.12. 2008 08:15 »
Sorry to say Bert Hopwood did a better job designing the Norton engine than his effort on the A7/A10. Maybe company policy held him back.
Having said that, I wouldn't swap any of my B.S.A.s for anything else.
   Trev.

I thought the BSA engine was generally held in higher regard than the Norton? Was the isolastic frame not developed to counter the appalling vibration? I would guess that the decision to drop the featherbed frame was not taken lightly.

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
« Reply #5 on: 18.12. 2008 10:32 »
T65s...
I was biting my tongue too.
Rare machines, but I know of 3 in Finland, 2 in my hometown! ( Although 1 is very incomplete:   http://www.barrelbikes.fi/mp.html   )
Finland seems to have been a bit of a dumping ground for odd batches of machines from various manufacturers.

Cheers,
Iain

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 19.12. 2008 21:55 »
Jeff, here is a picture of my T65 several years ago after I gave it cosmetic make-over. It is due for an overhaul now and has not been used for quite a few years. I found it locally advertised in the newspaper as a "BSA with Triumph engine." I wasn't sure about it but bought it anyway. It was in poor condition, half stripped and I later found one piston had a hole burnt through it. It is still on standard bore and I fitted a used piston and sorted out a few issues, wired it and away it went. It didn't have a tachometer fitted and looked lopsided so I fitted one.
I understand South Australia Police imported a batch of T65's and there a few surviving in this country. I was told that several were converted to Triumphs for easier resale. Mine is the 35th produced.

Fido, the Norton engine when dynamically balanced is as good as any BSA engine as far as vibration goes. I get all my engines balanced and I am very happy with the improvement. I find the Norton engine more responsive to throttle and freer revving than the A10. Having said that, I only have one Norton compared to a shed full of BSAs.
        Trev.