Author Topic: 1960 export model SR: which brake and clutch levers ?  (Read 516 times)

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Time to put on my anorak  *eek*
my super rocket is taking shape but I dont have a set of control levers and slightly unclear what the correct ones look like.

according to
http://bsa.hailwood.com/a10years.html
the 60 models have cable adjusters and the parts list illustration shows two types, both with horizontal clamping (not vertical) and either ball ended with adjusters (but only listed as applicable to the spitfire) and a plain lever without adjusters for all other models.

Should a super rocket in american export trim have ball ended levers, ie spitfire scrambler type? or does it have adjusters and plain levers. Does anyone have a comparable year/model and be able to describe the levers or post a picture of?

I appreciate my parts list is probably domestic so might be misleading

A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: 1960 export model SR: which brake and clutch levers ?
« Reply #1 on: 02.01. 2014 20:06 »
RR,
           On my '62 Big Valve I have used ball ended levers.
Left hand has the advance lever on it and right hand is plain with a horizontal clip instead of a choke, which is fitted to the frame near the seat.
The levers have adjusters.
The adjuster nut should be a knurled cam nut of a diameter of around 5/8", from memory. The nuts supplied are far too large diameter so you need to scrounge originals or make your own.
Is yours U.S. export or rest of world?
Trev.

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Re: 1960 export model SR: which brake and clutch levers ?
« Reply #2 on: 03.01. 2014 00:16 »
ah the choke lever, have just re read the year by year notes and see chokes were relocated from '59 to the frame.

The bike is being put together in american trim as that tinwear was easier to source although the bike was originally UK domestic, imported to NZ in '82.

I'm also fitting a modern BT-H pseudo mag that wasnt suitable for my race bike bender, so won't need manual ignition (a shame as I prefer it)

I'm tossing up trying to identify something that is as correct as possible or just getting the alloy type I have  fitted to bender.

I'd seen some with a part number 60-2074/5 for later triumphs that appear similar (horizontal clamps, adjusters and no mirror holes -which the later A65's had) but are ball ended and have the choke on the handlebars
http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=5488.0
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand