Author Topic: magneto????k2f  (Read 2708 times)

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: magneto????k2f
« Reply #15 on: 10.03. 2014 15:02 »
^^^ I've got the 'door bell' cutout cover, on a manual cam advance housing.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 10.03. 2014 20:50 »
Andrew,
                      The end cover on Dutch's magneto is probably the one which belongs to it, though modified for a cut-out wire.
The A7/A10 used this set-up until 1951 when the Bakelite cover incorporating the cut-out contact was brought into use.

Trev.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 10.03. 2014 23:59 »

Yes I still have the original spring loaded button- I did the mod myself .
 It's a bit tricky getting at the button in a hurry while still in gear....!!!

To do the mod, I used a regular spare pickup brush and spring in a short length of thin copper pipe with brass washer soldered on for a internal flange,sheathed with plastic tube and fibre washers each end for insulation, and brass washer with Stainless metal thread  set-screw.
 Must've had to drill out the spring seat from the body though..!!
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

beezermacc

« Reply #18 on: 12.03. 2014 23:22 »
Andrew,
                      The end cover on Dutch's magneto is probably the one which belongs to it, though modified for a cut-out wire.
The A7/A10 used this set-up until 1951 when the Bakelite cover incorporating the cut-out contact was brought into use.

Trev.
You're absolutely right (Trev), it is quite unusual to come across a magneto which has not had its various bits and pieces swapped about. A Vincent or Enfield owner would be glad of the cam ring housing though because they are as rare as hens' teeth. If he offers a swap he'll want cash as well!