Author Topic: Ebay scam is back  (Read 438 times)

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Ebay scam is back
« on: 07.06. 2014 16:26 »
He has just listed a DBD34 Gold Star for £7,000 again, he has also listed a tractor. These adds have been removed twice already. If you try to view they reply that they are in the north of Scotland so no viewing.
He has also listed a tractor, stolen adds again. Beware.

Colin

Offline unclerob

• A's Best Friend
Re: Ebay scam is back
« Reply #1 on: 08.06. 2014 09:38 »
Probably the same chap who was advertising a lovely A10 (supposedly in Inverness and belonging to his dad) that briefly appeared 2 or 3 weeks ago. The price was a bit more realistic so I contacted him and got back a long spiel about how it couldn't be viewed etc but once I'd paid for it and it was delivered to me I could have my money back if I wasn't completely satisfied.......hmmmm!
At the time I recall thinking that the text of the advert had obviously been written by someone with a fairly detailed BSA knowledge....which seemed a shame for a scam but now I realise it must have been lifted from a previous ebay listing....the Goldie advert (text and photos) on ebay today is taken from a genuine listing that sold about 2 months ago.....I was watching it and it went for, I think, around £16,000....

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 08.06. 2014 17:03 »
A guy on another forum sent him a message today stating that he was 10 miles away and wanted to view. The seller declined the offer to view stating that he was away. Pr---s like this will spoil ebay one day.

Colin

Offline cotterpinkid

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #3 on: 08.06. 2014 18:26 »
Sounds like the same person who regularly tries to sell his Dad's Velocette Thruxton + Tractors etc. etc. It gets regularly reported back to ebay as a scam and it regularly reappears again and round we go again......
A10 GF Plunger
Velocette Venom

Offline Erico

• Active
  • 1961 BSA Super Rocket
« Reply #4 on: 17.06. 2014 00:02 »
Yep, I too watched a few of his eBay items and thought it was to good to be true ..... turns out that I was right for once.
ERICO.
1961 BSA Super Rocket. 1991 Yamaha V-Max.
1991 Suzuki 1400 Intruder. 2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture TF.