Author Topic: A10 Plunger kickover  (Read 1753 times)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: A10 Plunger kickover
« Reply #15 on: 31.07. 2014 21:53 »
 Kind've hard to tell, but it looks like there's a mark around the seal like a deformation where the sleeve bush could be interferring--, ie; not going inside the seal.
  if you have all the right bits (bits that will ultimately work right whatever their origin *conf*), you should be able to just put the bush on and screw the nut on/off until it binds or not.

The fact you are using a bush from the early model is exactly what I suggested earlier.....it's too big *????*

This clutch was removed from an A7 long stroke motor
I'll assume you might've meant to write 'bush' instead of 'clutch'.
 you could find a proper one, or have that ground down to suit (dunno if the longstroke crew would give their eye teeth for one ?)

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 31.07. 2014 22:01 »
It looks like the sprocket is binding on the crankcase.

Offline Drew Back

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #17 on: 01.08. 2014 05:13 »
The proper bush that I would need is 67-2071 if my books are right that would be for the later plunger motors..When I got the bottom end it was fitted with a single sprocket sleeve so I assumed thats the way it went together boy am I learning the diferences now trial and error is the way you learn..Thank you all so much for your help and vast knowledge..

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 01.08. 2014 10:13 »

Thank you all so much for your help and vast knowledge..

In my case this has only come about through the same misadventurous track you're on.... *smile*

And if you do as I suggested, then try one step at a time and see if as Trev says, "It looks like the sprocket is binding on the crankcase.
  You can do it all without the spring, if you use the dangle/angle of the cushlobes- if yea know what I mean...... *beer*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 01.08. 2014 23:32 »
Hi All,
Does the plunger engine have a spacer sleeve between the engine bearing and the cush sleeve like the swing arm setup?
On the swing arm engine the seal runs on the spacer
(it looks as though you need one ???)

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 02.08. 2014 09:08 »

Negative on that John- kind of...well not the same anyways....

Dunno 'bout long strokes, but info I have is '49-'53 have a 'bearing shim' (posing as an 'oil slinger' in lieu of a seal ? ) and a 'distance piece' outboard of the bearing, and post '53 which runs a seal, lists just a 'sprocket alignment shim'....
Australia