Author Topic: socceroo's  (Read 1401 times)

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: socceroo's
« Reply #15 on: 20.06. 2014 10:26 »
well I may be a fool but I'm a patriotic fool, I chose England over Brazil for the team Curry's are going to give me money for every time they score a goal.
Twenty quid so far but looking for an England win by at least ten goals over Costa Rica.
Of course if Footie was still the mans game it used to be we might stand a better chance, we're just not very good at the amateur dramatics involved in today's game.
Our FA still think Bobby Moore is captain, we need a GB FA and get a bit of Celtic grit in there - like the remark my teams (NUFC) captain in the 60s made on hearing tackles from behind to be banned "it's no a game fer lassies"

There you go - now like  beezermacc I'm off to the shed to do a bit more A10 refurb (got the headlamp and fork trousers painted, need to let them harden before buffing up - is a week enough)
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 20.06. 2014 15:54 »
I can’t really see why we’re all getting too concerned about football or indeed Hockey, when surely speedway is the sport of Kings? And not only that but my understanding is that you chaps down under are supposed to have invented the whole thing in the first place. Never mind what the England squad of wastrels are as ever failing to achieve – up the Rockets I say. (Now there is an appropriately named team to support surely?).
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 20.06. 2014 18:00 »
up the Rockets I say

say it quietly then - this is Bandit territory
All the best - Bill
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #18 on: 20.06. 2014 21:37 »
Ahh speedway. The only thing I like watching more than nrop *eek*.
This ain't bad to watch either https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgAKprIISAo  or this  http://www.britishpathe.com/video/motor-cycle-football-motorcycle-football 
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline terryk

• Valued Contributor
  • Townsville Queensland Australia
« Reply #19 on: 23.06. 2014 16:07 »
To me speedway is the best sport in the world I love it. Its a shame we don't see more UK, Poland, Sweden, Denmark speedway on tv in OZ cause there's heaps of aussies riding over there.
1950-53 A10 rigid/plungers, 1958-61 A10 super rockets, 1947-50 A7 longstrokes, 1949 Star twin,
1951-54 A7 plungers, 1940s M21, WDM20s,
1948-50s B33s rigid/plunger/swingarm, 1948-50s b31s rigid/plunger/swingarm

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #20 on: 24.06. 2014 12:14 »
When I was a kid I was taken to see the Belle vue aces in manchester ,I'd never seen anything like it ,very exciting and fast ,that was over 57yrs ago and still remember it ,my cousin and her husband were real petrol heads but moved shortly after to Cornwall so that was an end to my speedway period, regards Bob
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #21 on: 24.06. 2014 13:11 »

Set the alarm last night for just before kickoff, but it didn't seem to happen even though I was half awake waiting for it. Finally got bored and got up just in time- @90 min to see 'Injury time'..... *ex*

When my youngest boy was about two, Bob Dylan was in town, and couldn't afford for both of us, so I elected to look after the boys.
  Was a saturday night, and on my way down from the coast after work, just happened to go past the Ekka (Brisbane Exhibition/annual Show)grounds, and there was a small sign that said " Tonight- National Sidecar Finals'........you beauddy- I know where the boys and I are goin'...... *ex*

Was the most insane stuff I reckon I've seen, it's a slightly longer track than usual, but they hadn't done speedway there for a while or maybe since- was just a one-off..

Not like it used to be though with all the noise restrictions *sad2*

Go the 'Roos.... *beer*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #22 on: 24.06. 2014 17:06 »
Took the two eldest grandkids to see Berwick Bandits last year, they hadn't seen anything like it although they live only a few miles from Brough Park ( Newcastle Diamonds track).

can be a bit expensive for the shortness of the meet then a visit to the chippy after, but then it's not as if speedway is awash with cash.
I remember the BBC showing speedway on black and white TV way back when Barry Briggs was on top form ( was it from Haringey or was that greyhounds), didn't he get caught eventually for driving without a licence (had never had a British one).
Antipodeans seem to have a flair for speedway, we've had quite a few at Berwick  - Roy Williams springs to mind and a rider named Paynter, he settled down and got married around Berwick somewhere I believe   
All the best - Bill

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #23 on: 08.07. 2014 22:57 »
7-1   *eek*  *eek*  *eek*

the merkel picture   lol++++

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #24 on: 09.07. 2014 08:25 »
They certainly did a job on the Brazilians - Scollari's (sp) "go to hell if you don't like it" should see him donning the fireproof s
All the best - Bill

Offline morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #25 on: 10.07. 2014 20:41 »
Isn't it about time us English admitted we're not very good at football?

Don't be bothered Beezermacc, it has been proven in the past that when it really mattered, the good guys always won...
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #26 on: 10.07. 2014 21:52 »
Isn't it about time us English admitted we're not very good at football?

possibly because we try to play tici taca instead of the blood and thunder we do at home, we need a few Lofthouse, big Jacks,Hunters, Stiles and a Moore or two ( and book any player that falls down and rolls about for anything less than a Cooper right hook (that would be Enry Cooper.))

On me ead son
All the best - Bill

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #27 on: 12.07. 2014 22:25 »
lol

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #28 on: 13.07. 2014 01:59 »
hi guys, In 2010 the Kiwi All Whites` were there and were never beaten,cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand