Author Topic: cam followers  (Read 4969 times)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: cam followers
« Reply #30 on: 11.07. 2014 09:23 »

Hey Bill, I came across your almost namesakes(Beeza Bill) site the other day, looking for stuff- maybe you got it from him but I have a feeling I heard of someone else doing it too...?
 It's at the bottom of the page

http://www.bsa-a10.hailwood.com/billsgearbox.html
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
« Reply #31 on: 11.07. 2014 10:49 »
Bill died some year back.
A great bloke I have two of his top hat clutch conversions fitted to my bikes.
He was held in such high regard that after his death all of his web material was moved to the current site.
There is a nice video of him leaving for his swan song round Australia trip on his A 10.
Got to meet him in person at the All British ally while on this trip and a second time at another one, Qld BSA National I think.
Not a word about his terminal illness, just about BSA's and the conversions he had done to his bike.
Really great bloke deeply missed.
Bike Beesa
Trevor

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #32 on: 11.07. 2014 10:57 »
Would be nice to think it was his, could well be; I remember it took a week or two to arrive which was no problem as I had plenty other stuff to do, despite my mistaken concerns over the roller thing it has worked for about 12 years now with no problems
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
« Reply #33 on: 12.07. 2014 09:18 »
And if you have not seen it this is his entire A 10 website http://www.bsa-a10.hailwood.com
Bike Beesa
Trevor