Author Topic: Studs Bolts etc  (Read 697 times)

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
Studs Bolts etc
« on: 06.07. 2014 14:49 »
Does anyone have a list of the studs and  bolts etc required to re build a plunger frame? I have a complete engine and gearbox, but need all the bolts, studs etc to rebuild my next project.

If there isn't one on the forum, or one known to exist... I will keep plodding and in a while, share the outcome of some slow research.

Thanks again.

Gavin.

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
Re: Studs Bolts etc
« Reply #2 on: 07.07. 2014 09:41 »
All of the studs , nuts & bolts are listed in the parts books.
those that are a standard size will be listed in a table , usually at the end of the book called, oddly enough "Standard bolt sizes"
You can download and print out a BSA / Triumph fastener list from http://stainlessbits.com/link12.html.
Print it out so you can write notes on pages were applicable and also because it is orphaned from a retailer who went out of business and will eventually disappear.
Bike Beesa
Trevor

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 07.07. 2014 12:02 »
Thanks Guys, I have actually been onto these and other sites. The shortcut I was checking out... is if anyone has totaled up the number of each type of stud, bolt etc  needed to rebuild a plunger frame?

That's the job I am doing at present... lovely chilly winter evenings stuff ... so that I can put an order in for all the fastening required. The tempting alternative is to estimate and put in an order and then pay more freight for a second... and maybe subsequent order or 3.

I know that in 12 months time I will look back and deeply appreciate the effort to get all the right wire to tie it up with.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 07.07. 2014 14:48 »

Gav, I went through this and may have a 'list', I know I wrote stuff down but need to have a dig.

Actually bought a stainless set that should have done the job, but wasn't complete and I could in fact only use half of those- not good economy.
 Having said that, I just re-read yours and realise you want for the whole bike...yeah?
 I was thinking just the engine/mountings...so mine is all a bit abnormal anyways, so maybe not a lot of help.
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Russ

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #5 on: 09.07. 2014 00:07 »
Gav

Like you I also need a full set of nuts bolts etc for my plunger frame and have done the same investigation, with same result, as you.
I was also going to compile a list so look forward to your end result, as I'm sure others will find it very useful also.
I will send you a P.M

Russ
1951 A10 Plunger.
Australia