Author Topic: a10 hide hi oil filter  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Chrisf1

• A's Good Friend
a10 hide hi oil filter
« on: 14.02. 2009 18:20 »
Hi again everyone I have now completed my 250 mile first run in stage since rebuild and intend to fit a hide hi oil filter to my baby. Can anyone please post or pm me a pic of one of these fitted because I do not see a tidy and secure way of doing it but I am sure someone on the site must have done it Many thanks Chris

Richard

Re: a10 hide hi oil filter
« Reply #1 on: 14.02. 2009 21:39 »
Chris
I have a 2cv type fitted inside my tool box on the Super Rocket but have a Hide Hi oil filter to fit on my plunger A10 but have yet to work out the best way to fit it so it looks neat and also have access to the filter without having to remove it.
Hoping someone  will have done that already and will post some pictures as well
Good luck
Richard

Offline orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 14.02. 2009 23:40 »
Hi Chris,
I machine a filter head, and tuck it away in the toolbox of my A10's.
I have fitted two bulkhead fittings in the back of the toolbox, and bent two pieces of 8mm tube to the bulkheads. The bulkheads and the two fittings in the filter head are compression fittings; when tightened up, they force internal olives to bite onto the tube, and seal.

On the other end of the bulkhead fittings (facing the oil tank), I screw on the 1/4" BSP hose ends of the oil hoses. Note; the hoses are longer than the standard hoses, but this cannot be seen or detected by an observer.

Hope this helps,
Richard

Offline stratcat

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3 on: 15.02. 2009 09:04 »
That is mighty neat installation there orabanda!

I have used one of these
http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffyoil.htm

fits dead easy.

Offline a101960

• Wise & Enlightened
  • BSA RGS BSA C12
« Reply #4 on: 15.02. 2009 10:22 »
Here is how I fitted a Hide hi oil filter to my A10

Richard

« Reply #5 on: 15.02. 2009 19:41 »
neat and you can get to the nut but I see you had to remove the cover plate from the rear gearbox plates.
The Paul Goff set up is easy to fit this is the type I fitted to the S/R in the tool box as posted earlier, the filter is the 2cv type which is easy to source locally.
But lets see one of the Hide-hi-oil types fitted to a plunger frame!!
Richard

Offline shabashow

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #6 on: 17.05. 2009 19:35 »
Here's a hide de hi oil filter attached to my plunger. Originally thought I could put it under the oil tank, but it was just a bit too wide. It doesn't stand out too much in its location above the tool box. Done about 100 miles with it fitted, so far, and no leaks. Magnetic sump plug free of fine filings, as well,
John