Author Topic: Moving to England?  (Read 2423 times)

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
Re: Moving to England?
« Reply #15 on: 31.08. 2014 10:34 »
Morris, but in Belgium I gonna have the language problem, don't I?
Not entirely. Eastern part of Belgium is German speaking, southern part speaks French, and most people in the Dutch speaking north-western part also speak some English. You can drive for an hour and come across 3 different languages.
Anyway, you're welcome any time.
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 31.08. 2014 14:13 »

I thought most people in Europe speak English anyway, at least the ones who come here do and generally better than most of the locals..... *conf*

uN-Zudd would be a good choice, heaps of space, there must be only about six people left there, and they all have A 10/7's.. *smile*

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #17 on: 31.08. 2014 14:22 »
there must be only about six people left there, and they all have A 10/7's..
lol+++

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #18 on: 31.08. 2014 22:10 »

hi guys, yes Dutch it is pretty quiet here, not much space compared to Aussie. About 4.5 million here now all we need is some more jobs for them all. Kiwis keep going to Aus in droves but a lot are coming back now as the Aussie economy has slowed. We have an election coming up on the 20th so may get better here if we get rid of the National Party.  Me and mine holiday up to the Sunshine coast every year for a couple of weeks, great weather, and we love your `fush and chups` lol, cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Offline Daniel Toro (DT)

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #19 on: 01.09. 2014 13:26 »
Australia and New Zealand could be a good choice indeed. Not only by the weather, but the flora and fauna also.

My father in law uses to say that Australia is the Brazil that worked.

You guys have make me think about AU and NZ again...

But again, the only place where we can grab our bags ang go is the UE.
To AU we need visa also. But probably is much less dificult then USA.
-= DT - Loco =-
 -= SombreroS - SP =-

Offline Resto-Rob

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #20 on: 01.09. 2014 15:28 »
Heres my ten cents worth....
Speaking as a New Zealander now living in Austria (not Australia!) the language thing isnt as bad as people think.
I moved to Austria without knowing a word of German and i have done just fine :)
Apparently it is even easier in Germany as there are more english speakers there?!
Of course, i speak German now... Not perfectly but enough to get by ;)
There are plenty of jobs here if you are qualified and living is cheaper then in NZ or OZ.
The very reason i left NZ, i couldnt afford to live there anymore.  The cost of living is crazy expensive!!
The weather is here something else..... But then again you get weather everywhere?! ;)  still better then the damp winters and humid summers of NZ....
If i wasnt so settled here i would go back to Canada! I lived in Calgary for a while, I love it there and the cold is not sooo bad.....
So in conclusion, EU is great and dont fret about the language barrier as long as you are open to learn :)
Canada is also awesome,just invest in a good down jacket! :)
Being a Kiwi i cant really comment on Oz ;) but sadly better there then my homeland :( dont get me wrong, i love NZ! Just wouldnt live there.....
When life throws you a curve..... lean into it!!
1953 BSA A10 Plunger
1927 BSA S27
Austria

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #21 on: 01.09. 2014 18:36 »
Daniel Toro (DT) wrote:
My father in law uses to say that Australia is the Brazil that worked.
*smile*

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
« Reply #22 on: 01.09. 2014 23:28 »
as far as riding motorcycles go I'd pick Oz...   because you can ride all year round...
I'd never even seen snow up close until last year when we went to Canada in their summer..  *eek*
saying that getting a job may be another thing..   *????*
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #23 on: 02.09. 2014 10:08 »

Well Kiwipom, I'm not so clued up on your politics, but 4.5 Million what....? possums..??
Can't be that many people there, they're all here luggin scaffold and stuff... *conf*

I officially live at the Sunny Coast, but don't go home often- yea should give a holla next lap and I'll buy you a beer or two...am only a hour or so away...depending on my mood swings.....??
 Best Foush (never be able to say as bad as you), I ever did was at the fisho on Mooloolaba spit - King Snapper.!!!

geez Wozza, only time I've seen snow was on the way back from Mullburn in '99 at
Kosciuszko (had to research how to spell that) , needed to p***, so did the '..watch out where the huskies go, don't you eat the yellow snow', check.....!!
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #24 on: 02.09. 2014 21:44 »
hi guys, Resto-Rob, i would be interested to know what part of N.Z. you found to expensive to live can`t believe that there is a lot of difference anywhere these days. Dutch, will be in Maloolaba in November for a week or so and would be glad to catch up for a beer,cheers 
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Offline Daniel Toro (DT)

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #25 on: 04.09. 2014 01:11 »
the language thing isnt as bad as people think.
I moved to Austria without knowing a word of German and i have done just fine :) /
So in conclusion, EU is great and dont fret about the language barrier as long as you are open to learn :)

Thank you Rob. Old dogs CAN learn new tricks, right?  *smile*
We always want to make something confortable for ourselves but the real challenge is make something terribly new.
-= DT - Loco =-
 -= SombreroS - SP =-

Offline Kickaha

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #26 on: 04.09. 2014 11:49 »
The very reason i left NZ, i couldnt afford to live there anymore.  The cost of living is crazy expensive!!
You must live in a different NZ than I do
1955 BSA Gold Flash
New Zealand

Offline Resto-Rob

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #27 on: 04.09. 2014 18:42 »
DT, you sure can teach an old dog new tricks :)  the most important thing is that you try.  I found people to be helpful and forgiving when you at least make an effort and show respect for their culture.  I can highly recommend the German Course by Micheal Thomas.  Its all on CD or MP3 and is absolutely brilliant!  I learnt way more by this method then by sitting in a classroom...
Im not interested in upsetting my fellow kiwis and only offer advise based on my own life experience.  I lived in many places in NZ both in the North and South Island... and it is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful countries (landscape wise) in the world but i dont regret leaving and unless i win the lottery i wouldnt move back.  For my family and i life is just a lot better and easier in Austria :)  for example, we could never afford to buy a house in NZ.  Within 2 years of moving we own a large house just outside the gorgeous city of Salzburg. 
Again, this is my own experience.  Maybe i just got lucky?!
All the best with your decision and remember that nothing worth doing will ever be easy :)
When life throws you a curve..... lean into it!!
1953 BSA A10 Plunger
1927 BSA S27
Austria

Offline Daniel Toro (DT)

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #28 on: 09.09. 2014 20:13 »
German Course by Micheal Thomas.

Lol.... I've been thinking about food these days and have read "German Cuisine by Michael Thomas".
I thought something strange, how something about cuisine will help me with languages?
Ok, food is universal, but like that?

Just after googled (and finding odd the results) that I've realized that you have wrote COURSE.  *smile* *smile* *smile*

But it's true, I've already listened the audio samples and seems to be very easy. Thank you.
-= DT - Loco =-
 -= SombreroS - SP =-

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #29 on: 09.09. 2014 21:53 »

I say you can't go wrong with food- (and bevvies) at least you won't go hungry.... *conf*

I came third in class for German eighth grade- with a whopping 43%..... *smile*

Kiwi-P.... feel free to give me a holla when you're in Moo'ba, I'm never too sure what I'll be doing, see how it pans out.... *beer*
Australia