Author Topic: Free Ebay free3bay  (Read 1495 times)

Online beezermacc

• Resident Legend
  • Not for the purist!
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd.
Free Ebay free3bay
« on: 23.09. 2014 19:58 »
Hi Folks, Just wondered if anybody has noticed this new site that has just popped up known as 'Freebay'. You get on with the following....   http://free3bay.com. Worth encouraging as Ebay seems such a mess these days?
Priory Magnetos Ltd - A10 spares, magneto and dynamo refurbs. www.priorymagnetos.co.uk

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: Free Ebay free3bay
« Reply #1 on: 23.09. 2014 21:04 »
Got my opinions about ebay, but they got one thing: all the sellers with 100's, 1000's or even 100.000's of positive feedback, making it safe (IMO) to buy from them.

Have bought 100's of kilos of stuff (literally, many car parts etc from Germany, England, US) over the years with absolutely zero problems, and have sold all kinds of collectibles and tech equipment to every and any continent, always got paid and zero problems there as well.

Any problems or delays encountered were with freight\postal services, none with ebay, seller, buyer or paypal.

About scams, usually very easy to spot, some birdbrain with zero feedback offering something at 1\3 of normal market value.

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #2 on: 23.09. 2014 22:18 »
Just had a look. It tried to download a file a dozen times every time I clicked anything.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 27.09. 2014 17:11 »
A10GF.
Your right about scams, that chap with no rating has just listed a A75R again in BSA along with speed boats, tractors etc etc. Can someone report them or torment them.
Regards Colin

free3bay

« Reply #4 on: 01.11. 2014 12:46 »
Just had a look. It tried to download a file a dozen times every time I clicked anything.
Cheers

As the owner of www.free3bay.com I can assure you that our site would not ever try to download anything to your computer, it is however possible that your browser is out of date and our recent implementations to block the newly discovered 'poodlebleed' browser bug have forced your machine to try and update your web browser.

I can also verify that rustyleigh (the user on free3bay) is a collector of classic motorbikes including the A7 and A10 as he is a personal friend of a friend.

I have passed the above correction with your site admin prior to posting so as to avoid any potential accusations of hijacking the topic or spamming.

Lee Owen

Free3bay Corp Ltd.

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
  • N & F
    • BSA A10
« Reply #5 on: 01.11. 2014 13:00 »
Business owners\representatives are always welcome to post replies\info when relevant. Have visited the site many times, now and in the past, no problems appearing.

Am recommending to submit the website for review by https://safeweb.norton.com & other similar services, to get an 'official' safety rating to be referred to if needed.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

free3bay

« Reply #6 on: 01.11. 2014 13:31 »
Thanks admin,
All we are trying to do is make a difference for all the sellers that are being mistreated by you know who.

Lee Owen

Free3bay Corp ltd

Offline Flatboy 1950

• A's Best Friend
    • Flat Earth Spares
« Reply #7 on: 01.11. 2014 14:15 »
The item listed as a sidestand is a rear brake pedal.

free3bay

« Reply #8 on: 01.11. 2014 14:36 »
LoL,

I will let him know - don't think computers are his thing.

Regards

Lee.

Online Triton Thrasher

• Scotland
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 01.11. 2014 16:42 »
Thanks admin,
All we are trying to do is make a difference for all the sellers that are being mistreated by you know who.

Lee Owen

Free3bay Corp ltd

What businesses have you run, in the past?

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #10 on: 01.11. 2014 19:46 »
Thanks Lee. Yes I needed to update both Firefox and IDM. All good now.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
« Reply #11 on: 01.11. 2014 23:22 »
Thank you Lee for posting on this site to try and explain what you are about. I wish you well.

I have been a buyer and a seller on e-bay for 14 years now and as a buyer it is quite ok, as A10GF says it is quite a a safe site with the feedback ratings to use as a guide plus a bit of common sense. I have been bitten a couple of times over the years but not badly.

Where e-bay fails badly is from the side of the seller, it has got to the point for me that I rarely sell anything on e-bay anymore, I have gone back to taking stuff to swap meets. E-bays fees make it just not viable to sell, particularly as they charge you 10% commission on the postage charge. This has really come to the fore in recent times as postage costs have gone through the roof, if you happen to sell something to a overseas buyer that is heavy and costs a lot to post you can lose up to 30 or 40 % of your sale price. Paypal also charge a fee of 2.5% but I consider that acceptable.

I would be happy to still pay a sellers commission on this new site, nothing comes for free and it costs to run these things. Hopefully the commission would be on the sale price only and at a lower rate. Personally I would be happy as a seller to pay 5% on the sale price, that would make it viable to offer stuff to a worldwide market.

On another note I did find the new site a bit difficult to do a search on, I did a search for bsa in the cars and bikes section and it came up no results, when I went to the classic bike section it did show some bsa stuff. Might be my computer or maybe the site still needs some fine tuning.

Online Triton Thrasher

• Scotland
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #12 on: 01.11. 2014 23:26 »
Lee is, no doubt, a great guy.

His web page and its name are copied from Ebay.

It will be shut down. Don't have money in it when that happens.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh236/tritonthrasher/036fba69997e03ad0e7bcf0bce626343_zps1d8f1c32.jpg

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #13 on: 02.11. 2014 16:44 »
...I did find the new site a bit difficult to do a search on, I did a search for bsa in the cars and bikes section and it came up no results...
My experience also.

free3bay

« Reply #14 on: 07.12. 2014 14:12 »
So what your saying is that because we look like ebay used to (when it worked properly) and we use a similar colour scheme for our logo (so does google - which came first ebay or google?) that we are going to be taken down.

Not true - there are many many sites just like ours and they all started somewhere (just like ebay did).

There are no copyright or trademark infringements and our name doesn't include ebay (unlike freebay which is still running!!).

Where we are trying to do things differently is that smaller users don't pay anything to list,sell or buy.

Larger companies pay subscriptions based on how large their shop is but the fees are still a fraction of ebay's.

And they still don't pay final value fees.

In essence if you have something to sell but don't want to pay someone else for the privilege of doing so then
www.free3bay.com is the answer.

If it doesn't sell it didn't cost you a penny - and if it does sell - it still doesn't cost you a penny (providing you don't upgrade your listing).

We have just had a facelift as well (not the staff - the site) and are adding new features that our users actually want (instead of what we think they should have) on a daily basis.

Sorry if this reply is a bit long but it's important to me to set the record straight as the whole purpose for starting free3bay was because both myself and most of my friends and family were all fed up with the way ebay was treating sellers.

It's great if you want to buy something and get your money back whilst keeping the item , or even buying something second hand and wait 3 months to decide you don't want it any more and you want to return it (yes this is now happening every day to thousands of business sellers)

But if your a seller it's now a completely unfair system.

Given that it was started on a Sunday morning after another lengthy call with a disgruntled ebay customer (who's a customer of mine) I think we've done quite well.

Our users seem to agree as they frequently email me to thank me for starting the site.

Thanks for letting me bend your ears a bit.

Lee.