Author Topic: before 'n' after  (Read 2648 times)

Offline beezermacc

• Resident Legend
  • Not for the purist!
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd.
Re: before 'n' after
« Reply #15 on: 30.07. 2017 08:20 »
The photo was taken on the first day after restoration was completed. The bike used to belong to the brother of a works colleague and was given to me after the brother died. As it was gift I promised to do a proper job of the restoration so everything apart from the tank was stove enamelled (not powder coated) so the finish is fab. I've been using the bike for about ten years and the paintwork is still really good but the bike just looks like a nice old bike now, not a restored bike. When I acquired  the bike it had been left outside under a sheet for a considerable number of years.
Priory Magnetos Ltd - A10 spares, magneto and dynamo refurbs. www.priorymagnetos.co.uk

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: before 'n' after
« Reply #16 on: 30.07. 2017 10:12 »

I must've missed this first time; a good rebuild and story to match.
 As in the 'before' pic, I had reverse cone Meggas on my R-Rocket- sounded great if I recall correctly, and I see you changes to swept headers- but that was three years ago, any changes since ??
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia