Author Topic: battery  (Read 3935 times)

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: battery
« Reply #45 on: 23.02. 2015 20:01 »
Whoa there this is weird, I just finished watching a thing on BBC Iplayer about Marshall amps, Lemmy featured a few times

go here if your interested http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04c3l7j/play-it-loud-the-story-of-the-marshall-amp

First of all, you can't watch BBC iPlayer in the U.S., but I found the video on YouTube. Then, Bill, I thought you were all about agriculture (and BSAs). Finally (in the realm of off-topic), while Marshall was busy becoming the biggest thing in guitar amps, the company I was with (Cerwin-Vega) was busy becoming the biggest thing is bass-guitar loudspeakers. Remember them bass cabinets with the powder-blue rectangle on the front? We gave Acoustic Control the design in order to sell raw loudspeakers. I hand-made the first prototype of the cabinet for them to copy.

Now, as for batteries and accumulators. With  respect to the "Orgone Accumulator," I think I will leave the search for that until another life. As for batteries, I'm having trouble figuring out where they fit in this thread. Just an historic look at the earliest wet cells?

Richard L.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #46 on: 23.02. 2015 22:06 »
I'm having trouble figuring out where they fit in this thread.

There are two current Battery threads - maybe I've had a cross over moment!!
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #47 on: 23.02. 2015 23:49 »

Yep Bill I was confused too- that's why it took me a while to add to the other one; "battery issue"...where my issue went from here on P2...re the music stuff, well one thing leads to another..think it started digressing with the mention of accumulators...but it's still kinda related *conf*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #48 on: 24.02. 2015 10:48 »
Dutch ,that sounds like someone hedging their bets  *smile* *????*Bob
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom