Author Topic: shark infested water.... hilarious!  (Read 920 times)

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Re: shark infested water.... hilarious!
« Reply #15 on: 08.01. 2015 10:08 »
Yep,caught my attention as well, might be '68 but not of an A10 , is it off an early A65?, regards Bob
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 08.01. 2015 10:41 »
There is a word for such an arrogant, haughty, conceited, disdainful, overbearing, pompous, condescending, superior, patronizing, imperious, proud, snobbish, snobby, smug, scornful and sneering attitude, but I like all of these synonyms better. (OK, OK, I am trying not to be these things, whether it appears so or not.)
Richard L.

Ooh, who swallowed a thesaurus then?  ;)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 08.01. 2015 12:19 »

Yeah Bob, far as I can gather(from my two seconds of research), the TWIN leading shoe(not 'win') were fitted to Lightning,Spitfire and Firebird ('L','S','F') from '68 till the Conical season, but this isn't even a TLS.... *????*

I dunno what hub/brake that is and don't even care, thing is the words kindov may be fitting with something, but they don't really seem to gel with this bike
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 08.01. 2015 12:51 »
There is a word for such an arrogant, haughty, conceited, disdainful, overbearing, pompous, condescending, superior, patronizing, imperious, proud, snobbish, snobby, smug, scornful and sneering attitude, but I like all of these synonyms better. (OK, OK, I am trying not to be these things, whether it appears so or not.)
Richard L.

Ooh, who swallowed a thesaurus then?  ;)

Only thought these words might apply to the seller B'macc originally outed. The others probably don't deserve so much criticism.  With regard to swallowaing a thesaurus, believe me, it was much easier than the T-Rex.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 08.01. 2015 19:42 »

Sometimes hard to pick just the right word   *smile*

it was much easier than the T-Rex.

*eek*....you did THAT to Marc Bolan....??
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 08.01. 2015 20:02 »
I'm glad I said "the" T-Rex. Should have avoided confusion.

Anyway, I thought the band was more amusing in their pre '70 Tyrannosaurus Rex days, when they sounded like the chipmunks.

Richard L.

Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #21 on: 09.01. 2015 12:17 »
Bloody hell Richard , "chipmunks" , you're showing your age , and your street creed would have been higher had you stuck with T-rex  *roll* , cheers Bob
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #22 on: 09.01. 2015 12:25 »
I'm so misunderstood! But, if it makes for more laughs, I guess my job is done.  *smile*

For a second there, I completely forgot what we were talking about. So, the message is, as with everything, buyer beware.

Richard L.