Author Topic: Contact for classicbritishmotorcycles.com  (Read 1024 times)

Offline petetherev

• A's Best Friend
Contact for classicbritishmotorcycles.com
« on: 06.01. 2015 11:35 »
Hello Has anyone done business with classicbritishmotorcycles.com I have been trying to contact them.  There 2 phone numbers shown on their website and an e mail address.  One number goes into a FAX the other is unobtainable & I did not get a reply to my e mail. I thought it may be due to the festive season but that is now past.
Any info would be appreciated.

Regards
Pete
Good Advice
No reactions

Offline Derby Rob

• A's Best Friend
Re: Contact for classicbritishmotorcycles.com
« Reply #1 on: 06.01. 2015 18:58 »
hi,
    had the same problems as you ,no email reply,no working phone number, order a part in october they took the money but i never got the part.I guess they have gone bust and taken my £25 with them!
Good Advice
No reactions
61 BSA A7,yamaha rd500 ,suzuki ts250er,suzuki x7,1958 francis barnett cruiser 80

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 06.01. 2015 19:35 »

I had the same, but was in touch with them 'bout a month ago, but they were closed for a funeral, but it can't be that long......I need to call back so will let you know.
 They're not easy to pin down, but accommodating when it happens, I think they busy and mainly use a mobile number, I'll dig it out later
 They're where I bought my very nice Stainless Steel handlebar
Good Advice
No reactions
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline petetherev

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #3 on: 08.01. 2015 12:43 »
Hello, Thanks to those who replied.  I think Derby Rob may be right I tried again today on the number that switched into a Fax also has a message that it is not in service.

Regards
Pete
Good Advice
No reactions

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 15.01. 2015 12:34 »

Hey Pete, I had a reply from Walter, they are rebuilding their website..New number Ph#01212707107 I bought some handlebars, but one set was wrong so he's sent another gratis..I'll confirm that when they arrive.
Good Advice
No reactions
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline petetherev

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #5 on: 15.01. 2015 14:23 »
Hello duTch,  Thanks for the info.  I called the number you quoted and I got a firm called CB Motorcycles.  Geographically the must be in a similar location to classicbritishmotorcycles.com, comparing the phone numbers. They may even be very close looking at the name.   
When I told the chap who answered the what I wanted and where I got his phone number i.e. this forum, he said that they were competitors of classicbritishmotorcycles.com.
 I actually looking for some Gold Star welded lug clip on handlebars and classicbritishmotorcycles.com had them at £27, a very good price, you know the old adage.

Thanks once again.
Regards
Good Advice
No reactions

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 16.01. 2015 05:19 »

Geez Pete- now I AM confused... *conf*
 I though they were the same....
http://classicbritishmotorcycles.com...

(Classic British Motorcycles
S Team
Northgate 37
Walsall, Staffordshire ws9 8fq United Kingdom)

now I'm not sure who I dealt with but I also came across 'ClassicBike Shop', and  "/www.classic-british-motorcycles.com/
Trouble is some have very similar homepages

Good Luck
Good Advice
No reactions
Australia

Offline petetherev

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #7 on: 16.01. 2015 15:54 »
Hello duTch,  I discovered after my last post that CB Motorcycles are actually in Cork Ireland.  with an Irish phone as you would expect. The chap I spoke to on the number, which is a Walsall number, you gave me was Irish.     Must be an automatic number switch.

Regards
Pete
Good Advice
No reactions

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 16.01. 2015 21:15 »

*conf*...I'm not sure if I spoke to William or Walter (or both), but no-one sounded Irish.. *conf*
Good Advice
No reactions
Australia

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 16.01. 2015 21:39 »
HI
Hello duTch,  I discovered after my last post that CB Motorcycles are actually in Cork Ireland.  with an Irish phone as you would expect. The chap I spoke to on the number, which is a Walsall number, you gave me was Irish.     Must be an automatic number switch.

Living near Cork and knowing CB's owner I doubt very much if the shops are linked
http://www.cbcycle.com/

John
Good Advice
No reactions
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)