Author Topic: Helmet/goggles  (Read 344 times)

Offline Al9000

• Moving Up
Helmet/goggles
« on: 03.03. 2015 22:19 »
I just bought a Bell open faced helmet which I love, but my goggle strap keeps slipping down. My old Davida open face had a small strap on the back with a press stud that you secured your goggle strap with. Anyone else find this prob or have a solution? I've tried looking up on net for maybe a similar thing with a self adhesive backing that could be retro fitted but couldn't find anything. Also, I know the three press studs on upper part of helmet are for a peak,  but there is also one either approx in the cheek area? What are these for?

Cheers

Al  *smile*

Online beezermacc

• Resident Legend
  • Not for the purist!
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd.
Re: Helmet/goggles
« Reply #1 on: 03.03. 2015 23:20 »
velcro
Priory Magnetos Ltd - A10 spares, magneto and dynamo refurbs. www.priorymagnetos.co.uk

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 04.03. 2015 08:36 »

The two at the bottom are to be used in conjunction with the three at the top for a visor
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #3 on: 04.03. 2015 10:39 »
Beezermac just beat me to it , velcro, any drapers will sell you a few inches of it and you need ,used it on the hood of an old rover convertable ,worked well . Also could the other studs be for a leather face mask ,sure you can buy one with studs , makes you look like you need  neat oxygen at zero feet , Cheers BobH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline cyclobutch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 04.03. 2015 13:39 »
I use a Davida pudding. That has the loop at the back on the leather collar part which I didn't get on with. I got myself access to the hard shell proper back there - drilled it and then peened a press stud on it. Then just made up a new loop with the counterpart stud to clip on. Of course what I've done to the actual integrity of the shell is anybody's guess.

If that kind of makes sense?
Various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline Al9000

• Moving Up
« Reply #5 on: 04.03. 2015 14:18 »
Thanks everyone.  I've ordered a velcro loop of Fleabay and some extra extra extra sticky double sided sticky tape (the stuff they stick car number plates on to avoid drilling) to stick it on the back of my lid. Hopefully this combination will achieve what I am after  *smile*

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 14.03. 2015 19:04 »
hi 3M do small packets of self adhesive velcro strips very good