Author Topic: re-routing oil line to rocker box on 61 super rocket  (Read 491 times)

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
I'm spending a bit much time fiddling with monobloc needle heights and throttle slides, especially as the oil feed from the tank return to the overhead gear passes right over the top of the carb, so i have been removing the carb. see the pics. NO MORE!

so before I go bending and wrenching this pipe (so i can remove the slide without removing the carb), is there any preferred route this pipe should take, and any method to bending that is less likely to crimp it? i have a small radius pipe bender but it's unlikely to get in those gaps.

thanks

Mike
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '21 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
Re: re-routing oil line to rocker box on 61 super rocket
« Reply #1 on: 14.03. 2015 02:07 »
ok nevermind, not too hard to reshape that pipe with careful hands. but now the issue is the choke mechanism makes it hard to get the throttle slide out, tho probably not much to do about that
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '21 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: re-routing oil line to rocker box on 61 super rocket
« Reply #2 on: 14.03. 2015 05:11 »

Maybe there could be a choice of factory options, but I'd say Irma a personal choice and run it how it suits you.  If the copper isn't long enough, use rubber hose as some models do-  depends how 'original' you want to be. ..?
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia