Author Topic: Cheshire Camp  (Read 257 times)

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Cheshire Camp
« on: 12.05. 2015 17:12 »
Last weekend I attended the BSAOC Cheshire camp. I had a great time meeting loads of really nice people, two of whom are forum members: beezermacc and Beezageezauk. The flat camping field was next to a super pub that served good beers and great food. Bacon sandwich's with mugs of tea were provided by club members in the mornings. A really first class band performed on Saturday night and the most amazing thing was that my motorcycle won the 'Best BSA' award for the camp! Well, you could have knocked me down with a sledgehammer!  *smile*
Beezageezauk won furthest distance traveled to the camp at 175miles.
I really will try to go to their camp next year.

PS. Had a half-hour of panic when I could not find my wallet while getting ready to depart. I had people helping me look for it over the camping field and Bill, a fantastic local club member lent me money to pay my outstanding bar bill and buy petrol. It wasn't until I put my jacket on that I discovered my wallet down the sleeve! I was then able to pay Bill back. I don't think you are on the forum but many many thanks Bill!  *smile*

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Re: Cheshire Camp
« Reply #1 on: 12.05. 2015 19:09 »
Yes, I agree with you Graybeard.  It was a great weekend....well, once I dried out after Fridays on route drenching.  And congratulations for getting the "Best Bike Award".  It was well deserved.

I'll no doubt see you again soon.  Probably in another field somewhere.

Out of curiosity, do we have any more UK forum members who enjoy camping on their classic bikes?  If so, it would be great for us all to meet up somewhere.

Beezageezauk.

Offline bobandbec

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #2 on: 12.05. 2015 22:33 »
Hi
I'm just down the road in Nantwich. Unfortunately couldn't come along over last weekend, other things going on. Not too sure about camping but was seriously thinking about joining Cheshire. Although my bikes are all running could definitely do with some fellow BSA'ers to get some input. Be nice to have a ride out now and again as well.

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 13.05. 2015 10:37 »
In my case I need a reason to use my 'sickle. I'm retired so I don't need the bike for a work commute, I wouldn't use the BSA to go to the supermarket, (some idiot would probably back into it!). It's all very well just riding around the local countryside but better to have a purpose. Also the social life at BSAOC camps is amazing; blokes meeting old friends, endlessly discussing their bikes. Lots of wives come along and have a good natter.

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 14.05. 2015 09:28 »
Hi
I'm just down the road in Nantwich. Unfortunately couldn't come along over last weekend,

Oh, what a pity you couldn't make it.  That was an excellent opportunity missed...and you were probably less than 8 miles away.

Beezageezauk.