Author Topic: How do you like your footpegs?  (Read 378 times)

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
How do you like your footpegs?
« on: 01.06. 2015 00:26 »
As the '54 currently has no footpegs, I'm undecided what I'm going to do. Of course, the easiest would be to buy stock pegs, but....
I've never ridden an A10. I like for my feet to be right under or slightly behind my butt, so I'm thinking rearsets may suit me better. Been doing searches on the forum and Google can't find any good closeup pics of what others have done. Recommendations/pictures of what's worked for others would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Re: How do you like your footpegs?
« Reply #1 on: 01.06. 2015 02:14 »
Its possible to buy the frame lugs for goldstar/GS style rearsets as well as the different brake levers, but this will entail welding those brackets on so some repainting.
Personally I like stock pegs for the type of riding these bikes suit although I must admit I am seriously considering rearsets for my 72 A75, but initially won't until I have formed an opinion on the stock layout.
I probably have enough bits for a spare stock a10 set up (assuming yours is a swing arm) if it would help, although living in the states you should have no trouble sourcing stock pegs domestically and inexpensively and which are easily removeable if you want to change to rearsets in due course. (PM me if you want me to check the shed)
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand