Author Topic: A Public Thank You  (Read 312 times)

Online beezermacc

• Resident Legend
  • Not for the purist!
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd.
A Public Thank You
« on: 24.05. 2015 08:07 »
A group of us were touring Normandy last week, myself and Bob on A10's. Everything was going swimmingly until Bob's ATD stripped. We thought we would have time to have a replacement posted out from the UK but as the week went by it looked increasingly likely that Mr Postie Francais was going to let us down. Some of you may recall me posting a 'help' message on the board and, the same day, we were contacted by 'Groily' who lives about 40 miles from Arromanche where we were visiting. Groily offered to remove the ATD from his own A10 so that we could get Bob's bike fixed. We made arrangements to ride over to Groily's place (lovely place too) and when we got there the ATD was already off, in a bag, waiting for us. Now that's what I call A10 camaraderie and illustrates the benfit and friendship of members of the forum. Most of all a massive THANK YOU to Groily, You are the man! (Hi Groily, I'll send you a pm to arrange for the ATD to be returned etc.)
Priory Magnetos Ltd - A10 spares, magneto and dynamo refurbs. www.priorymagnetos.co.uk

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: A Public Thank You
« Reply #1 on: 24.05. 2015 08:22 »

..so now if I think I'm breaking down, I'll know where to aim for... *smile*.... but(also) seriously *smile*- nice work Groily, that's true gentleman stuff... *wink2*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online beezermacc

• Resident Legend
  • Not for the purist!
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: 24.05. 2015 10:02 »
.... and I meant to say that I hope I can repay the favour one day, not that I hope anybody will be breaking down of course. So, if any forum members are anywhere near Macclesfield, Cheshire and need some help just get in touch and I'll see what I can do. What goes around comes around, if you see what I mean. Thanks again Groily.
Priory Magnetos Ltd - A10 spares, magneto and dynamo refurbs. www.priorymagnetos.co.uk

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3 on: 24.05. 2015 11:44 »
 *yeah* *good3* *beer*
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
« Reply #5 on: 24.05. 2015 17:13 »
Seriously, the least I could do Beezermacc. And a pleasure to meet you all.
The number of times folk have helped me out of all sorts of horrible messes makes it a pleasure to be able to do the odd favour myself.
Also, gave me the benefit of using my B31 more than planned for a very busy weekend on old beasts various. Excellent (if a bit, er, slow!) Just did 300km on it today - going through Arromanches included. (Yesterday was an Oilfield Connie cafĂ©-racer day  -  it needed a Beesa to put my back straight after that. Having seen how tall I am, and how darn silly that bike is, you'll understand the pain!)
And all without benefit of that superb kick start sensor Bill! Why do we need one of them anyway - I know where it is, it's the lumpy thing that whacks me now and then  . .
Cheers, Bill
Bill