Author Topic: Funen, Denmark  (Read 754 times)

Online madsens

• A's Best Friend
  • 1962 A10 GF - Fyn, Denmark
Funen, Denmark
« on: 08.06. 2015 19:12 »
A small contribution
a lovely late May trip through Rape Seed fields and Lilac hedges - Funen, Denmark

regards
Joergen
BSA A10GF 1962
Denmark

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: Funen, Denmark
« Reply #1 on: 08.06. 2015 19:39 »
Great! Thanks for posting.
Norway & France, Alpes Maritimes. A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a more difficult problem"

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #2 on: 09.06. 2015 21:07 »
C'mon guys, post some deserved praise for these photos & bike  *smile*
Norway & France, Alpes Maritimes. A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a more difficult problem"

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 10.06. 2015 00:41 »
Mansens,

Looks to be a very fun bike and an enviable place to ride. One thing about riding that gets little mention is the variety of intense smells you get to appreciate. The lilacs must have been potent. Funny though, even a recently fertilized field hitting the olfactories on my last trip out was something that I could still appreciate as "the great outdoors." I think I'll take some sh*t for saying that! 

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
« Reply #4 on: 10.06. 2015 00:51 »
Warm weather, birds singing, sweet smells in the air... I bet your as happy as a dog with 2 tails... 

I suggest you pick where you park for photos more carefully,
It looks like a oil trail under the bike & across the road ?   *whistle*

BTW..  what the hell is RAPE seed?  *eek*  is it what we call Canola ?   *dunno*
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 10.06. 2015 03:54 »
 When I saw the yellow, I thought mustard, then I read your blurb....I've heard of Rape seed oil and canola oil for years, but never really thought about it...Wozza's all over it... *wink2*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapeseed
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 10.06. 2015 04:09 »

C'mon guys, post some deserved praise for these photos & bike  *smile*

..ooooh hey-...  lookie there....'s a nice looking A10 under all those flowers..... *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 10.06. 2015 09:02 »
Rape - these days most likely Oil Seed Rape

The oil from it used to be used to make Linoleum now it's used for a variety of things including cooking for which it is at the moment very fashionable.
vast acreages of it now grown in the UK, probably around our way it matches cereals in acres, massive honey crops from it but it granulates quickly so sold as "set" honey, doesn't affect the taste tho.
Started to be sown here in the early seventies, EU drive to be self-sufficient  in stuff so they were giving the seed out free, not much needed in the way of cultivation so attractive to farmers, don't know what the subsidy if any is these days , probably nil since they went on to this single payment thing. needless to say modern varieties are much improved on the original

Rape tho was a term that covered a lot of differing plants (sort of Brassica I think) often used as game plots and so forth.
I can sense your eyes beginning to roll so I'll shut up
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online madsens

• A's Best Friend
  • 1962 A10 GF - Fyn, Denmark
« Reply #8 on: 10.06. 2015 09:12 »
Canola it is  *smile* - and that smell is quite potent as well.

Regarding the "wet" spot on the road - nothing to do with the totally oiltight rebuild BSA engine (well sort off...) just a patch of water, so "no worries mate!"

The daytrip was with our local "british" club, and we ended up at a private collector of fancy cars and special bikes. included photos are from this

sorry about the non british stuff  *eek* and there was a couple of GoldStars, but hey, we've all seen Gold Stars before... (sorry bout the quality, phone4...)

Joergen
BSA A10GF 1962
Denmark

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 10.06. 2015 14:25 »
Masdsens,

Thanks for posting the pictures. It's amazing how good phone photography has become, and we're just seeing the reduced- resolution version. Really, quite good.

My favorite non A10 vehicle in the pictures is the Chevrolet Corvair. To me, sort of amazing to see it in Denmark.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.