Author Topic: Dynamo toothed belt not lasting  (Read 3426 times)

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Dynamo toothed belt not lasting
« Reply #45 on: 22.06. 2015 17:02 »
Think your on the button Bob, also means your AVC is doing what it's supposed to do.

If you alter the polarity of your bike Dutch then you need to reverse the ammeter too,

and don't rush into thinking some things wrong if the ammeter shows noting even if you know it the battery is not fully charged , mine did this after reversing the polarity and changing to a DVR2 (yeah should do one thing at a time) no charge on the ammeter until I gave it a really big handful of throttle then it kicked in, has been good ever since
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Dynamo toothed belt not lasting
« Reply #46 on: 22.06. 2015 18:22 »

If you alter the polarity of your bike Dutch then you need to reverse the ammeter too,

yep, was thinking that, but one thing at a time....like you say. Funny thing is at the mo (A. meter unchanged), when I turn lights on (not running) it goes to '+6' as it should, then fire up, and it goes to '0' just above idle as I'd expect, but with more revs it goes back to '+' which I didn't expect... *conf*....but I'll leave it for a day or so, and see what happens under riding conditions, and even try a different meter in the changeover- but as long as it's doing anything I'm happy *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia