Author Topic: 1960 swinging arm A10 golden flash clutch cable part number  (Read 898 times)

Offline Gus Keating

• Active
Does anyone on the forum know what the part number is for a standard A10 1960 golden flash clutch cable . The adjuster is at the handle bar lever as there is no facility to adjust at the gear box as the hole on top of the gear box does not have a screw thread.

beezermacc

42-8775 to the best of my knowledge.

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline Gus Keating

• Active
thanks chaps,  I will now order a 42-8775 clutch cable.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened

I can't see why you can't use a cable with an adjuster at the bottom with an extra lock nut on the outside. .I have them top and bottom on both my Plunger and the Gutzzi works fine.
You'll still need something for the cable to butt into at the bottom anyway. ..?
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Gus Keating

• Active
DuTch,

Thanks for the suggestion but the hole on top of the gear box would be a little to small to insert the threaded shaft of the adjuster.  Now that I know the part number I have ordered a cable on e-bay.  I want it as a spare as a group of us from the Kent branch of the BSA club are going to a rally in Ostende Belgium next month.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
 ..Even the usual 1/4" gearbox-end cable adjuster...?
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
There are two maybe three different abutments for the cable to sit in or go through, I have one with a slot in the top and one that the cable nipple has to be fed through, could be modified to which ever suited best I think
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Gus Keating

• Active
Sure , I would modify if needed but as I can get hold of the right cable that is my preferred option.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
oh for sure - wasn't trying to advise, really more of an online observation/mutter
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco