Author Topic: Long term experience with a SRM conversion kit on a A10?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Gerryz

• Moving Up
I´m thinking about a conversion kit from SRM because of a bad/broken 6-spring clutch. Before I use original parts (I think there a different "qualities" on the market) this could be an alternative.
Anybody here who used the SRM kit for a good distance?

Cheers
Gerry

Offline scotty

• Resident Legend
I have + 2000K on an SRM 4 spring set up on my B33........so far all is good and I would say its a well made/engineered product.
My A10 has a six spring clutch that happens to work just fine. I fitted  the Draganfly clutch basket bearing modification and used a dial gauge  to set up even pressure plate lift.
I have not put many K's on the A though at this point.

S

Scotty

Current liabilities:
'56 A10 Dark Flash
'54 B33
‘74 Berlin Bomber R75-6

Offline unclerob

• A's Good Friend
I fitted the Phil Pearson clutch a couple of years ago and haven't had a problem of any kind since. No dragging or slipping, always easy to find neutral and lighter than a standard clutch. Another advantage is that the spring pressure is not adjustable, ie the bolts are tightened fully so no requirement to use a dial gauge etc.....
Its fairly pricey I know but to my mind well worth it!
I've bought several other GS parts from him, all beautifully made, he's a retired engineer who works from the garage behind his house and theres a bit about him here....
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=20929.180
Also somewhere in that thread would be pictures of his clutch....its worth a read!

Offline unclerob

• A's Good Friend
Just found pictures of his clutch on page 29.....

Offline Gerryz

• Moving Up
looks very nice  *smile*
But no idea about price....

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline East_Coast_BSA

• A's Good Friend
I've got almost 3000 miles on mine and I love it.  My SR had the 6-spring and it was horrible by comparison.  The SRM has a very light pull and very smooth action.  Finding neutral from a dead stop is easy, if it's necessary.  The only other difference I noticed from the 6-spring is this clutch tends to be "In or Out".  It takes very little movement from disengagement to engagement.  Slipping the clutch from a standing start requires a little finesse with the clutch lever.  It was well worth the money.