Author Topic: Flippin weather etc!  (Read 503 times)

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Flippin weather etc!
« on: 04.09. 2015 10:33 »
I need to get my GF hot with a ride out to listen for the strange noise that appeared three weeks ago.

Problems:

A) My wife is cracking the whip about working on the house, (I'm putting in additional power sockets and rewiring the house).

B) We have a new granddaughter, so much time is being spent traveling to and from her place.

C) The rain; it just doesn't seem to stop!

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Flippin weather etc!
« Reply #1 on: 04.09. 2015 10:39 »
Yep and cold with it
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 04.09. 2015 10:46 »
Yep and cold with it

How do you know my wife?

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 04.09. 2015 10:55 »
you mean their all alike!!
All the best - Bill
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #4 on: 04.09. 2015 12:04 »
Bad weather = no rides out = wife's getting used to you being around = them having more time to think up ways of keeping us poor sods "useful" .
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 04.09. 2015 12:31 »
Nice weather here - and no DIY in anticipation. Problem being I'm an 8 hour flight away from my fleet at the moment. So no riding for me either.

I'm not back in Blighty until the end the month. Summer will be over by then.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 04.09. 2015 12:37 »
however on the brighter side
Went to Berwick yesterday (shopping) two drivers gave way to me and others when they had the right of way just to keep traffic moving (well done them) and then returning to the car it occurred to me I had not put the cardboard clock on the dash (damn memory again), then spotted the man with the red waistcoat and ticket giving machine striding to my car, we arrived together, "that's my car and I don't think I put the clock on" says I, "no you most certainly didn't" says he, "well your timing saved you £50" followed by a little lecture and suggestion I just leave the clock on the dash permanent.
So well done to him, not just a jobs worth then.
We could do with a bit of good news as were running up and down the 60 miles to Newcastle to se our son who was stabbed (3 times) a week past Tuesday, it was touch and go and we were advised to rush down that night about ten, got back around 3.30, he's making good progress but lots of things to sort out
All the best - Bill

Offline metalflake11

• Resident Legend
« Reply #7 on: 04.09. 2015 13:02 »
I need to get my GF hot with a ride out to listen for the strange noise that appeared three weeks ago.

Problems:

A) My wife is cracking the whip about working on the house, (I'm putting in additional power sockets and rewiring the house).

B) We have a new granddaughter, so much time is being spent traveling to and from her place.

Sorry to lower the tone, but the GF bit I read as Girl Friend at first! When you then started on about your wife cracking the whip I began to wonder if I was on the right forum.  *eek*
England N.W
1960 A10
England

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #8 on: 04.09. 2015 14:20 »

Problems:

Sorry to lower the tone, but the GF bit I read as Girl Friend at first! When you then started on about your wife cracking the whip I began to wonder if I was on the right forum.  *eek*

And when I was going through this post, I was asking myself, what's all this got to do with Fillippine weather?
But that's my fault I guess for going over the title to quickly... *smile*
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 04.09. 2015 14:47 »
I'm not back in Blighty until the end the month. Summer will be over by then.
Got a spot of bad news for you Morris... *cry* It's over now!

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: 04.09. 2015 14:53 »
We could do with a bit of good news as were running up and down the 60 miles to Newcastle to se our son who was stabbed (3 times) a week past Tuesday, it was touch and go and we were advised to rush down that night about ten, got back around 3.30, he's making good progress but lots of things to sort out
Bloody hell, I'm very sorry to hear this. Was it a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time? I heard recently of someone in the UK being stabbed during a road rage incident!

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 04.09. 2015 16:36 »
Was it a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

more a case of ending up in the wrong place, succession of misfortune really, his wife left, came back , left, they split up, 8 kids in care which hit him hard, homeless and council put him in B&B, one of the residents has mental history and stabbed him, the other three also look dismal/dodgy, while in hospital one of them has emptied his bank account a couple of times.(educated guess)
put's my dodgy knee in perspective, he's coming home to convalesce, Hospital are being brilliant. police - well I phoned them the day after to ask if his possession were secure and if they could pickup his cash card and wallet, they said yes, obviously wasn't the case, one of the inmates /resident had his wallet and phone (1 phone missing) said he had kept them safe???.

All the best - Bill

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #12 on: 04.09. 2015 22:31 »
hi guys,.. Bill what is a `cardboard clock`  (I had not put the cardboard clock on the dash) it is obviously something to do with parking but what?  cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #13 on: 04.09. 2015 23:48 »
Really sorry to hear that Bill. Hope things straighten out soon. Life can be hard.

Kiwipom, I suppose you in NZ must have something similar to what we call a parking disc?
They are used all over Europe in blue zones. That's zones with free parking but limited in time. Upon arrival you set the time on your "cardboard clock" and display it behind the windscreen. Most zones are 2 hours limit, but some can be 1 or even 1/2 an hour limit.
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #14 on: 05.09. 2015 04:42 »
Gee sorry to hear that Bill, hope he recovers well and quick. He's had a bad trot.
Re cardboard clock. What's to stop you going back to reset it? Down here the parking cops mark your wheel with chalk. You could have been there an hour before but the time starts with the mark. Local kids go round after him and rub the marks out. A new thing in the city's the council has a car with a # plate recognition camera and GPS. They just drive along and take pics, then come back later. The computer works out if you've outstayed the time limit and you get a ticket in the mail.
Just started Spring down here, not that Winter ever stops us riding. ;D
A quick 100 miles this morning on the cafe.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7