Author Topic: Flippin weather etc!  (Read 501 times)

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Flippin weather etc!
« Reply #15 on: 05.09. 2015 09:05 »
What's to stop you going back to reset it?

nothing other than the parking attendants memory in most cases, although it would be wise just to select another space if any are empty, many carparks have signs "no return within an hour" or such so mostly just honesty I guess.
Thanks for the concern guys, we'll see him again Sunday. he has beverage related problems which in part contribute to his predicament, not severe but bingey if you get my drift, so we hope this might bring home to him
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 05.09. 2015 09:39 »

Geez Bill best wishes to you all, sounds like a crap situation and bad timing...cheers..I also had differing ideas of the "cardboard clock".... *conf*; generally do my best to avoid those kinda places, that's why I ride a moto

GB- I was wondering if you'd found a solution to that buzzy sound....sure you'll keep us posted..."rain"..??whaaazzat..?
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #17 on: 05.09. 2015 10:35 »

..."rain"..??whaaazzat..?
I've had 1187mm (46.75 inches) so far this year and 300 of those fell in two days last week. *eek*
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 05.09. 2015 10:51 »
GB- I was wondering if you'd found a solution to that buzzy sound....sure you'll keep us posted...
Thanks for remembering duTch. It's driving me mad that I cannot get out on the sickle and sort out that worrying sound.  *sad2*

Online Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 05.09. 2015 15:49 »
What's to stop you going back to reset it?

nothing other than the parking attendants memory in most cases, although it would be wise just to select another space if any are empty, many carparks have signs "no return within an hour" or such so mostly just honesty I guess.
Thanks for the concern guys, we'll see him again Sunday. he has beverage related problems which in part contribute to his predicament, not severe but bingey if you get my drift, so we hope this might bring home to him

Hey Bill - good luck with all that.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza