Author Topic: Indian speedo.  (Read 473 times)

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Indian speedo.
« on: 11.09. 2015 10:54 »
I've now had almost a full summer with the speedo from the sub continent fitted, so thought I'd give an update. Just to reiterate it was ordered and delivered for the princely sum of about £25  and I then ***** around for a few months trying daft ways of adapting cables to fit (speedo head has RE fitting ) until I bit the bullet and got Venhills to make me one ,which they did cost, £45inc postage and with a spare inner cable .Fitted a breeze and worked with the bike on the centre stand and then waited for the good weather to arrive ,it didn't ,so had to go with what was thrown at us. Well it's working great and has recorded 545 miles ,I know pitiful but it really has been a crap summer , best is that its accurate to within a mile or at most2 mph . I've checked it against a mates SV susi and its bang on and also accurate when riding best one of those speed sensors .
Bottom line I've something that doesn't look to out of place, keeps Mr Plod happy and didn't cost me a second mortgage to get ,hope that this is of help for anyone who needs a speedo ,cheers Bob. 
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: Indian speedo.
« Reply #1 on: 11.09. 2015 14:15 »
Ditto your findings Topdad. 5000 miles on mine. The needle wavers a bit but when your used to a crono  *dunno*. I made a cable out of an RE item with a BSA g/box end.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
« Reply #2 on: 11.09. 2015 15:06 »
I got one & when I pointed out to the seller that it did NOT fit the BSA as stated ( cable fitting )
they reimbursed full payment & told me to keep it..  *smile*
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #3 on: 11.09. 2015 20:23 »
I got one & when I pointed out to the seller that it did NOT fit the BSA as stated ( cable fitting )
they reimbursed full payment & told me to keep it..  *smile*

Sometimes you get lucky on the internet. I ordered a Motobatt AGM battery advertised at €47. Instead they sent a Yuasa AGM of the same spec advertised at € 95. I called the bloke, but he told me that if I was happy with it, I could keep it.
Which I did...
Makes you wonder how they determine their prices  *conf2*
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium