Author Topic: simple piece of ally -so many memories  (Read 230 times)

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
simple piece of ally -so many memories
« on: 22.10. 2015 16:48 »
Got to show you guys this latest piece of history found by my erstwhile mate Bruce, had to buy a Bantams tailight to get it but He and I have been looking for one for years ,we both worked for this company and my Bitza was originally bought from Horsmans in 1966 ,so I'm chuffed as mint balls. Now got to decide below the number plate or above so more people can see it ,its a bit battered( bit like me ) but not bad
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
Re: simple piece of ally -so many memories
« Reply #1 on: 22.10. 2015 21:10 »
Nice one.
I remember the seller my A10 wheeling it out. First thing I noticed was the Eric Oliver dealers badge. I thought "Ooh thats nice!" Realised I'd already bought it in my mind. The bike has been through many changes, very little of what I bought is still there, but the badge remains.
Iain

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 23.10. 2015 01:27 »
hi TopDad, is that the Horsman who used to ride scrambles with Jeff Smith? seem to remember the name, cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #3 on: 23.10. 2015 11:05 »
Hi Kiwi, no may have been a relation, the Victor Horsman who originally owned the shop was the pioneer guy who rode at brooklands etc and was responsible for the " ricardo " head( was that a 4 valve set up ) for early triumph bikes. By all accounts a pretty good engineer and rider .We were still using a floor lift in 1966 that he'd made which we used to move cars down into the basement . I met him once around 1966 when he visited the shop , he was getting on but still sharp as a pin . In my part of the showroom we had a vintage triumph and only realised the connection many years later.
The shop maintained it's sporting traditions and we used to open on the sunday following the Manx to display the the winners bike. `opps what did I say about memories ... Bob.
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom