Author Topic: Maybe time for electric start - views?  (Read 2020 times)

Offline edboy

• Resident Legend
Re: Maybe time for electric start - views?
« Reply #15 on: 17.08. 2016 22:35 »
sorry to hear of your accident sam but time is the great healer. i had a total right knee replacement a year ago and kick start my bsa s without a second thought. its all done with muscle not the bone so physio is the key. by the way , the modern morphine wasnt what it was cracked up to be. i couldnt wait to be rid of it and all the other painkillers.

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #16 on: 18.08. 2016 04:51 »
I'm going to take the attitude that i'll cross bridges when i come to them ....
...  so i'll just store it and come back to it in six months.
the thing is its only a matter of time before most of us either get an electric leg or give up the a10s. so its more a matter of when and how much $$$ - i'd have one in an instant if they were easier/cheaper, and i'm sure I'm only 25y/o at heart.
it would be great to hear some stories about how these electric starts work out
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '21 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Online Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 18.08. 2016 05:09 »
So right Mike. The cost factor is the thing.
I just sold a very good CX500 Eurosport ('lectric leg') to buy a T140 Bonnie (needs a real leg!). MADNESS you'd reckon, me with a stuffed back, a new heart valve, emphysema and half of one lung left! ...

What? Why would I do that? Well the Bonnie will be almost as quick as the CX (yes), but it weighs much less, AND, it's got 'soul', AND it makes a noise that's a real jack-up.
I've got it semi-sorted, so it's a first kick starter. Maybe... just maybe, it could be an 'everyday user' Brit vertical twin. I'm hoping.

I just can't see my dear SR with it's oil leaks (sep G/B) and ***-weak dynamo being the whole deal. An electric starter (along with attendant upgrades) would get it a whole lot closer, but at a big price, and you're still left with, well a machine that, whilst I love it, just wouldn't cut it for everyday use.

Offline ellis

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #18 on: 18.08. 2016 18:19 »
Nothing else puts a shine on Alloy better than Meguiar's. Maybe expensive but I'm still on my first tub after 2 years of polishing my A10.   *smiley4* 

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #19 on: 18.08. 2016 20:14 »
Nothing else puts a shine on Alloy better than Meguiar's. Maybe expensive but I'm still on my first tub after 2 years of polishing my A10.   *smiley4*

Crikey a tub would last me forever. It gets polished once a year whether it needs it or not. *sarcastic*
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7