Author Topic: Locked kickstart - A7SS  (Read 576 times)

Offline tommo903

• A's Good Friend
Locked kickstart - A7SS
« on: 10.09. 2016 17:24 »
Hoping someone can help please...

I tried kicking over my A7SS earlier today and found the kickstart was completely locked. All was fine last time so I was left a bit confused. I took the plugs out to see if things freed up but was just the same. The only thing I'd done in the past couple of weeks was to swap out the Allen head bolts on the primary side for a set of the original looking cheese head screws. I loosened all of these off a bit and suddenly the kickstart freed. I do remember when fitting the screws that a few weren't the exact same length as the allen heads so I assumed the allen heads were incorrect. Now I'm not so sure.

Any idea what has happened here? Obviously one or more of the screws is pressing against something but I've no idea what. Also, does someone have a clear drawing or sketch that shows what each of the screw sizes should be please?

Thanks, Steve

Offline ellis

• Valued Contributor
Re: Locked kickstart - A7SS
« Reply #1 on: 10.09. 2016 18:41 »
Take out the front three screws of the chain case, if the engine turns over one or all these screws are too long and fouling the crankshaft.

Offline tommo903

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 10.09. 2016 23:22 »
Thanks Ellis, for the time being, I have put the Allen screws back in, but did notice that those three front screws you mentioned are about a quarter of an inch longer than the allen screws, so that's problem lies.
Considering I bought these as a set from Draganfly, I would have thought they would have all been made the correct size...maybe I'm expecting too much!  *smile*

Steve

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 11.09. 2016 15:55 »
Hi Steve,
does someone have a clear drawing or sketch that shows what each of the screw sizes should be please?

You may find them here??
http://stainlessbits.com/link12.html

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline tommo903

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #4 on: 13.09. 2016 10:55 »
Appreciate that John...thanks very much.

Online a101960

• Wise & Enlightened
  • BSA RGS BSA C12
« Reply #5 on: 13.09. 2016 12:02 »
Barleycorn engineering do a set in stainless. http://www.barleycorn.co.uk/BSA-Goldstar?product_id=187 I have bought a lot of stuff from there and it has always been top quality.